Blue smoke after injectors

08Monster

Reaction score
Just did an injector swap for a customer, threw in new Baby Swamps, new GPs, new harnesses, new GP relay.

Truck has been driven for about 900 miles now. When the truck is warm, runs smooth, no smoke at all. When the truck is cold. It smokes like CRAZY and seems to have a miss to it as the engine shakes a bit.

Any ideas?

I'll post up a video to YouTube and put the link here.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
I'm pulling them back out and seeing if I see anything alarming.

Arisley

Reaction score
How many miles on the truck. Were the injectors changed for an issue or was it a good running truck that the owner just wanted more power.

If there was an "injector" issue, with an repair and upgrade. Was a compression check done, a camera put down the glow plug holes to look at the piston tops? Or was it simply troubleshot to an injector issue, and we can get better than stock for less than OEM replacement thing?

08Monster

Reaction score
How many miles on the truck. Were the injectors changed for an issue or was it a good running truck that the owner just wanted more power.

If there was an "injector" issue, with an repair and upgrade. Was a compression check done, a camera put down the glow plug holes to look at the piston tops? Or was it simply troubleshot to an injector issue, and we can get better than stock for less than OEM replacement thing?
Old injectors were all shot. Truck has 130k miles. Hadn't ran since 2005, I pulled them and had them checked, all 8 were bad. Before, the truck would constantly smoke white and wouldn't rev past 1500