E99 van turbos...

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I'm thinking of running a van turbo on my truck. From my understanding the only difference is a 1.15 housing and its not wastegated.

I'm going to be running a set of 175/30s in the next few weeks.

Would this turbo be a solid upgrade?

How much power could I get out of one?

Thanks

Magnum PD

Reaction score
The turbine wheel is a little bit bigger as well. Be better than the F-series turbo IMO

Magnum PD

Reaction score
All depends on the tuning. One reason why i got back pressure gauge. I plan on running a stock SD with a 1.15 housing with 200/80s

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Or be like me and be in debt.:pointlaugh:

I just Got out of debt lol.

I dunno I don't really want to go crazy with the truck. If the van turbo will get the most out of my injectors ill go with it. If not then I guess ill go bigger...

TyCorr

Reaction score
I know everyone likes the ability to dump the stock pedestal and run something other than the garrett chargers but why? If its to be able to dump your s366 for something bigger then yes its nice. Im referring to getting a custom mount kit and running a BW S series turbo. They are good, no doubt. The only thing is you'll probably upgrade your charger and then never touch it again unless it needs repair.

The inj's you are getting, its a no brainer, buy a 38r and a get a pedestal w/o the ebpv bs on there.

My 38r and tunes made all the difference in the world in waking up the truck. The 38r is a pretty dramatic upgrade. You wont miss, rather you'll forget about your stock charger after a month of driving with the BB turbo.

Ive not regretted spending the money yet. If you are firmly rooted on keeping the stage one inj's, then get a 38r. You could run 250/200's and a 4202R. That'd be wild!! Id get those inj's but with a 80 or 100 over nozzle. Probably the 80 since the 100% nozzles arent always real accurately machined, or so Ive been told.

Good luck!

jngreen

Reaction score
I think he is looking for something a little less than a 2000 dollar turbo set up for right now, which is what he would end up having in it since it is an early 99 truck.

The early 99 van turbo he is looking at is 300 bucks or so. I happen to think it would be a good upgrade for your injectors. It might push enough air to get over 400hp with your injectors, and it should handle the abuse a lot better than your stock turbo.

I say go for it, you won't find a better match for your injectors without spending 1500 bucks or more. The only other option you would have is a D66 from Bean's, if you don't want to switch pedistals and uppipes right now.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I think he is looking for something a little less than a 2000 dollar turbo set up for right now, which is what he would end up having in it since it is an early 99 truck.

The early 99 van turbo he is looking at is 300 bucks or so. I happen to think it would be a good upgrade for your injectors. It might push enough air to get over 400hp with your injectors, and it should handle the abuse a lot better than your stock turbo.

I say go for it, you won't find a better match for your injectors without spending 1500 bucks or more. The only other option you would have is a D66 from Bean's, if you don't want to switch pedistals and uppipes right now.

This is what I'm after. How far could I push this turbo fuel only?

jngreen

Reaction score
This is what I'm after. How far could I push this turbo fuel only?

Never ran this setup myself, but I think it should get close to 400 maybe 420. Its mainly a good upgrade to your stock turbo.

If I understand correctly, the e99 van turbo is basically the same thing as an OBS turbo with the bigger turbine wheel and housing, only it bolts to the e99 pedistal.

If you bought this van turbo, you could probably have someone modify it to have the 38r wheel compressor wheel, and then it would be the same as a D66. It would probably do 450 to 500hp pretty easily then.

TyCorr

Reaction score
****, sorry OP... :doh:

I forgot you have one of THOSE trucks...

Yeah you have pretty limited options...the D66 from beans is the only thing I know of, as already stated.

rat49f6

Reaction score
Fwiw I pulled 332/666 on my e99 ... Ab's... Manual trans... Terrmy modded 17* pump...e99 van turbo... Dp 120 tune... With a decent boost leak at the intake plenums... I ran out of fuel way before I ran out of air

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Hmmmm I know a good turbo builder too... Maybe ill pick it up and mod it.

I just don't want to spend 2 grand. If I can avoid it I will lol

So I should pick it up?

Last edited:

jngreen

Reaction score
Just get the dang thing, its a good price and those specific turbos don't pop up everyday. If its junk you can rebuild it cheap.

If you have the turbo modded, do it by someone who knows what they are doing. You have to enlarge the compressor housing to fit the 38r wheel, and it can make the housing weaker and cause it to break.

A call to Bean's would be a good start, unless you really trust your turbo guy.

Unless, you want to save your money for a whole turbo kit and turbo.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.