installing my injectors....

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
well im going to start to install my injectors. anyone have any tips or tricks?

what exactly will i need also?

thanks nick

David N

Reaction score
Alot of time. LOL

Its really not that bad... but one trick I learned, when you go to get the oil out of the cylinders, use more than one bolt to hold the valve cover on... Oil will go everywhere if you don't.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Ya, the oil squirts out really far.

But you will probably need two swivels for the driver side back valve cover bolt. I couldnt get it myself, but a friend did within five minuts. Other than that its not to bad.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Alot of time. LOL

Its really not that bad... but one trick I learned, when you go to get the oil out of the cylinders, use more than one bolt to hold the valve cover on... Oil will go everywhere if you don't.

i just pull the glow plugs right then crank it a few times?

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
a 1/4 inch drive drill/impact will help speed things up quite a bit also a good swivel set of 1/4 metric stuff with extensions and a good set of allen wrenches to get the small plugs out of the oil rails.. Good torque wrench and have some sort of device on hand to get the copper gaskets out if one should happen to get stuck. A piece of plastic to put over the motor when you crank it without the glow plugs in if your going to clear the cylinders that way, so it doesn't make a mess of your engine bay. Edit: cover back up with valve covers...

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Ya, the oil squirts out really far.

But you will probably need two swivels for the driver side back valve cover bolt. I couldnt get it myself, but a friend did within five minuts. Other than that its not to bad.

hmmm i have yet to get me some swivels. ive meant to i guess i need to now lol

PSDEng

Reaction score
No swivels are really needed if you have a 1/4" drive shorty and a real short ratchet. It's a pain since you can really only go a click or two at a time, but it works.

KPSquared

Reaction score
x2 on the straight edge. I thought I had all mine down, then found one was sticking up just a tiny bit.

Make sure you have an inch/lb torque wrench as well for the bolts on the injectors.

I made a helluva mess blowing the oil out. . . put a couple bolts back in your valve covers. . .

juniort444e

Reaction score
He is probably still trying to pay people with pennys and half empty beer cans to do his work.

FYI, Nick hates to have oil or grease on his hands, his boyfriend wrote that on FB.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Awe poor baby does he need a tampon to wipe his hands off on?? I work for beer but only full ones. What are these new injectors you are putting in anyways? Done yet?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Just double check everything you do if its your first time. I would also consider firing the truck up with valve covers off in order to make sure its all going correctly before the valve covers go back on

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.