Mad turbo werks: what I'm up to

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Hello, I just wanted to start a thread about some of the stuff I have in the works. I will update when ever I get things closer and get other MAD ideas. I would like to thank the members and vendors on here for their support, I know I had to prove my stuff and I'm far away from proving everything still. It was a little bitter at first and now things are starting to come out so it's getting sweeter on here. So thanks for the chance to show what have come up with.

So here's what I'm up to, I have started to get my own wheels made. I'm also still going crazy on the 6.0 powerstroke turbos.

Stage 1 is getting nastier with the new billet wheel, I'll be getting dyno numbers in on that turbo soon. stock to 175/75 injectors

Hybrid is getting redesigned, I will getting my own billet wheels in it that is to my specs. The turbo will prove to be a strong runner and should be able to handle stock,175/75, and 190/75 injectors

Stage 3 I'm in process of getting my own billet wheels for that turbo, will stay same size and dual plane wheel. 175-205/100 injectors

Stage 4 is also in process for own wheel and will be same size but a single plane wheel. 175-225/100 injectors

Stage 5, it is in the works the measurements 72.7mm/98mm as of now single plane wheel. 190-280/100 injectors

Stage 6? yes a fully custom vgt turbo, size 75mm/102mm dual plane wheel and is under development right now. Really realy big injector

Pulling turbos yes, I'm in process of making special turbo for the work stock, and 2.6 class that will make the 6.0 powerstroke a real threat. Turbos will pass all the rules (grey area) but be nasty as hell.

All turbos will retain drop in, nothing else needed for install. All turbo will retain stock appearance.

6.4 powerstroke yes, still developing, also have new billet wheels coming for it, my specs. Also looking a ball bearing for low pressure turbo. Still planning on stage 1, 2, and 3. Will be drop in nothing needed for install.

7.3 powerstroke, looking into it. I have some ideas my own billet wheel to fit my tweeked 38R turbo.

That's it so far of the things I have been up to and will be coming out with as the wheels start to come in from my supplier. The plan to build the great performing turbos for the powerstroke FORD family, and provide more options for owners. As of now I plan on keeping the company as a small custom turbo building shop, I like the one on one with customers.

JMart

Reaction score
Nice to see. I like the fact that all your upgrades are drop in. Soon I will be in contact with you for a turbo. Hopefully LOL

g2shuck

Reaction score
Hello, I just wanted to start a thread about some of the stuff I have in the works. I will update when ever I get things closer and get other MAD ideas. I would like to thank the members and vendors on here for their support, I know I had to prove my stuff and I'm far away from proving everything still. It was a little bitter at first and now things are starting to come out so it's getting sweeter on here. So thanks for the chance to show what have come up with.

So here's what I'm up to, I have started to get my own wheels made. I'm also still going crazy on the 6.0 powerstroke turbos.

Stage 1 is getting nastier with the new billet wheel, I'll be getting dyno numbers in on that turbo soon. stock to 175/75 injectors

Hybrid is getting redesigned, I will getting my own billet wheels in it that is to my specs. The turbo will prove to be a strong runner and should be able to handle stock,175/75, and 190/75 injectors

Stage 3 I'm in process of getting my own billet wheels for that turbo, will stay same size and dual plane wheel. 175-205/100 injectors

Stage 4 is also in process for own wheel and will be same size but a single plane wheel. 175-225/100 injectors

Stage 5, it is in the works the measurements 72.7mm/98mm as of now single plane wheel. 190-280/100 injectors

Stage 6? yes a fully custom vgt turbo, size 75mm/102mm dual plane wheel and is under development right now. Really realy big injector

Pulling turbos yes, I'm in process of making special turbo for the work stock, and 2.6 class that will make the 6.0 powerstroke a real threat. Turbos will pass all the rules (grey area) but be nasty as hell.

All turbos will retain drop in, nothing else needed for install. All turbo will retain stock appearance.

6.4 powerstroke yes, still developing, also have new billet wheels coming for it, my specs. Also looking a ball bearing for low pressure turbo. Still planning on stage 1, 2, and 3. Will be drop in nothing needed for install.

7.3 powerstroke, looking into it. I have some ideas my own billet wheel to fit my tweeked 38R turbo.

That's it so far of the things I have been up to and will be coming out with as the wheels start to come in from my supplier. The plan to build the great performing turbos for the powerstroke FORD family, and provide more options for owners. As of now I plan on keeping the company as a small custom turbo building shop, I like the one on one with customers.

Adrain i just wanted to give you a heads up on the pulling turbos... most the guys with 2.6 trucks around here have started to run billet wheel s480s with 2.6 covers so your gonna have to shove a 2.6 cover onto that stage 6 for the 2.6 lol....

PS ill test it on my 2.6 truck

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Adrain i just wanted to give you a heads up on the pulling turbos... most the guys with 2.6 trucks around here have started to run billet wheel s480s with 2.6 covers so your gonna have to shove a 2.6 cover onto that stage 6 for the 2.6 lol....

Got it covered, remember I have a copy of Smokey's book, and use it as a pillow....

You're so awesome....

Thank you, nice to hear good things from time to time so I know I'm doing something right.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score

The top trucks have all been running very highly modded HX60s for a couple of years now. Pretty damn spendy bastards too - its rumored that the new crop of them this year can pick up well over a 100 ponies over last year putting the top trucks in the 2.6 class knocking on the door of power levels that we considered a mod truck just 7 or 8 years ago. Crazy times - and pretty much a non concern for any HEUI truck when you need 300 more horsepower on top of any of the fuel only records that I have seen.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
The top trucks have all been running very highly modded HX60s for a couple of years now. Pretty damn spendy bastards too - its rumored that the new crop of them this year can pick up well over a 100 ponies over last year putting the top trucks in the 2.6 class knocking on the door of power levels that we considered a mod truck just 7 or 8 years ago. Crazy times - and pretty much a non concern for any HEUI truck when you need 300 more horsepower on top of any of the fuel only records that I have seen.

I had some interest in pulling turbo, But have no idea about pulling, or top dogs. Thanks for info, how much power is needed fuel only in the different classes, so I can see what I have to do or if it is worth it. Thanks

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I had some interest in pulling turbo, But have no idea about pulling, or top dogs. Thanks for info, how much power is needed fuel only in the different classes, so I can see what I have to do or if it is worth it. Thanks

Well - honestly it depends heavily on the area you are in - but wouldn't even consider building a HEUI truck to pull 2.6 unless I could comfortably break 4 digits on fuel - add a couple hundred to that before you can honestly think about being a contender. If some of the early reports of power gains on this year's turbos hold true - 1100-1300 ponies will be pretty common place for the top 10 trucks in central Ohio. (there were already trucks in that range in the class last year - so no big surprise).

I'm also sure there are places where 700hp would rule the roost pretty easily - but not in the mecca of pulling.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Hey Adrian, just wanted to give you props man! Got my stage 1 installed by Dorian and the gang at PSE at the beginning of the year and I love it! Looking foreward to maybe upgrading the wheel by the end of the year, ESP if I can get a little more out of it! Thanks again man for an awesome product!

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Hey Adrian, just wanted to give you props man! Got my stage 1 installed by Dorian and the gang at PSE at the beginning of the year and I love it! Looking foreward to maybe upgrading the wheel by the end of the year, ESP if I can get a little more out of it! Thanks again man for an awesome product!

Glad to hear everything is good, thanks.