anyone running WVO on 2008+ 6.4L?

hokiesax

Reaction score
Is anyone currently running WVO on a 6.4L? What's your setup? I've been waiting for the new veggistroke kit but I'm getting anxious to burn the oil sitting in my garage.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Frybrid claims they have a system for the 6.4, but what bothers me is it's the same kit they use for 6.0's supposedly. A bunch of guys from the vegistroke site have sent inquiries in, of course they don't respond.

I'd wait for the vegistroke for the 6.4 myself... Why put an inferior system on? Have you priced out how much it is to fix a stock fuel system on a 6.4, I wouldn't want to take a chance destroying anything in there to save a few dollars on fuel with an inferior system.

The 6.4 kit should be out pretty soon. Clay Henry is burning WVO in his 6.4 now with one, but it's being redesigned.

Clay

Reaction score
The 6.4 kit should be out pretty soon. Clay Henry is burning WVO in his 6.4 now with one, but it's being redesigned.
Yes, I have the first prototype Vegistroke system on my 6.4 and its working well with a few negatives that I am working to redesign. Once i get the design changes finalized, I'll send them to BFT and a few new prototype parts will be manufactured and I will install it all and test it some more. I feel like its going to work fine on the first test. Then a kit will be available for purchase from BFT.

Snake

Reaction score
For those interested in a wvo conversion for a 6.4, Clay is the guy to talk to. He's at the tip of the spear.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I doubt it. The answer is always "it's right around the corner" The Dodge system is up and running though and for sale last I checked, so this shouldn't be far behind, but no firm dates are ever released. The original V3/V4 veigstroke on that 6.4 in question is now up in my neck of the woods last I knew. Your best bet would be go to the vegistroke forum and poke around.

VanoFord

Reaction score
what kind of HP/MPG numbers are we talking compared to regular diesel? i'm a Noob diesel owner and am considering bio/wvo as an alternative and wanted to get some knowledge first. thanks!

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Diesel got really cheap, everybody bought 6.7's, and nobody wanted to tear up a 6.4 fuel system to save a few pennies

Mdub707

Reaction score
That one I talked about is still running and working fine. 6.4's tear themselves up without the help of anything else anyhow. Not exactly a big market on them.

Diesel got cheaper which was the big push though. I haven't even really bothered with my WVO system in some time. Contemplated putting it back together to run it for a hobby. Probably not worth much now anyway, but when fuel prices shoot back up again I'll get damn good money for it LOL.