What is the best radiator and intercooler upgrade

showsome400099

Reaction score
Hey fellas I was wanting to know what is the best radiator and intercooler kit is the best upgrade to get for my 2004 ford f350 6.0 I will be towing a lot with it and getting on the gas every now and again so any info will help and thanks in advance for your replies and knowledge

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Mishimoto has a good product, good price and warranty. Plus they have hoses, boots, and a degas bottle if you want the total solution.

j.mo

Reaction score
Do more research on that mishimoto radiator. Think twice then think again. It has caused many temp issues for people, myself included. Mishimoto is well aware of the issue as well. There's some threads about it on powerstroke.org. if you are towing most certainly stay away from the mishimoto radiator.
Check out alradco instead.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1096074

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/showthread.php?t=984178

I have a mishimoto intercooler too, can't tell you really if it helped, but I can tell you the WPE ported manifold was a better buy.

Last edited:

j.mo

Reaction score
This is what a mishimoto radiator will get you
f0e04f4333444e92d4e8fbef46301c55.jpg

This is unloaded, not hauling not towing, up a slight grade.
Read those other threads and it'll all make sense

j.mo

Reaction score
Another update, mishimoto has recognized their radiator for the 6.0 is not sufficient, and anyone with one currently is recommended to submit an email with receipt to mishimoto for a refund.

F350R

Reaction score
I've had this Performance radiator for about 6 years now with no problems. I tow in the mountains of Colorado roughly 12k lbs with no issues hot or cold days. They also make one with the plastic tanks I have no idea about the quality of that one much less it costs more. If you can get it locally do so there have been reports of them being damaged in shipping, most major cities will have a warehouse for them.

https://shop.performanceradiator.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_15098_16841_16863_16865&product_id=5515

thewrubelator

Reaction score
I bought an EBay rad for 150 bucks or something like that, works great. Tig welded and seems stout. Also bought a CSF intercooler off eBay, badass for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
I'm more than happy with my csf 300$ (iirc) intercooler... is it better than stock? I don't know, but it is all aluminum and the core is a solid 1/2" thicker than the stock one... hasn't/shouldn't ever, split like the stocker .

slc dzl

Reaction score
I'm more than happy with my csf 300$ (iirc) intercooler... is it better than stock? I don't know, but it is all aluminum and the core is a solid 1/2" thicker than the stock one... hasn't/shouldn't ever, split like the stocker .

I have a Hellman but will be going to the csf, the $300 and quality make it a easy choice.

slc dzl

Reaction score
And my mishimoto rad did fine until the last couple days of this heat, thought it was my e-fans till I read the news about mishimoto.

Constructionworker

Reaction score
I contacted mishimoto about the increase in temperature with their radiator on my 05 6.0. Someone returned my email within 24 hours. They asked about my truck set up, driving conditions, if I tow and my outside air temperature. We've emailed back and forth now a couple times and they're saying that they have an improved version in the testing phase right now. It sounds like they plan on replacing the ones that experience the issue with the new unit. I don't know that for a fact, just what it kinda sounded like.

jake74

Reaction score
I bought a mishimoto for my 06 6.0 cause my stock radiator had an ever so slight leak where tank crimps to core. Wish I would have left it in there. I couldn't get my truck to run over 192 with stock radiator. With the mishimoto I run 200-205 just driving and with just a car on a trailer behind it I hit 215-220. It's pretty but a pile in my eyes. Think I will just put a new oem in and hang this high dollar paper weight on my shop wall. Also the shroud fits like crap and you can't reuse the oem radiator to intercooler seals which pissed me off.

scparrish

Reaction score
Contact mishimoto about radiator issues. You might be able to get a refund through the vendor you purchased it from. Otherwise they will put you on a list to be updated to the new version when it is released.

Merc82

Reaction score
Pulling my Mishimoto out this weekend. Putting a stocker back in.

joncolpron

Reaction score
I've had my misimoto radiator in my 7.3 for several months now easily out performs the oem radiator been on several long trips no issues. I'm very happy with it looks sweet too!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online