Signs n Symptons of a 6.0

samrichter87

Reaction score
My f250 blows white smoke when I take off doesn't do it at idle or drive down highway just when I take off. It also idles smooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jameslarsan

Reaction score

I'm in the service and I drive the trucks and work on diesel motors literally everyday. But I know there has to be some major differences owning one that would be for a completely different purposes than what I do for work.
So with that being said I have Google what the best years are for with the F250 and F350's but I'm pretty sure all that info is just magazine companies, and shop owners perspectives. I need actual users recommendations and thoughts on what's best for me to purchase.

donny688713

Reaction score
I would say for an untouched 6.0 2006 or 07. Didnt have as many issuses. I have an 06 6.0 only thing was the STC on HPOP ran it 200,000 it had just stared getting pressure in the degas bottle. So i took the motor out tore it completely down. I will say this first im OCD when it comes to my vehicles so you can say there maintained perfectly. Once tore down heads were cracked of coarse after everything was checked block needed only a rehoning cause you could still see the honing marks from the original build. So didnt need bigger rings crank only need polishing so bottomend is standard rings and bearings. I went with oringed heads being mine wouldnt have lasted much longer, went stage 2 on cam hit from colt and stage 2 on turbo from KC turbos this is all i have done. Other than chasing a couple of leak grimlens it runs great. On a note after changing headgaskets after 200 miles DO NOT USE FEL-PRO WITH ORINGED HEAD'S. They will fail. Buy OEM replcement parts when needed, or it will not last. Take this for someone who tried saving a few bucks here and there on a rebuild bought all new sensors after first 2 didnt work or last a sec i put all my OEM back in . I knew they worked before i took it apart. And it runs great. If your wanting a 6.0 thats great ive seen guys put them throuh hell and back they are the toughest ive seen, a bottom end no other PSD has by far the toughest short block for OEM , AND if you upgrade the rods other than C4 its good. Stay away from NOS . And keep it under 700 the engine will last ABOVE 500 hp you need to address a few trans items before crossing that line. Now im no expert by anymeans just a guy that loves power anyway he can get it with out destroying whats making it turning wrenches is my thing but doung it once is the goal. And i dont like redos so cut no corners do it right or dont do it at all. Good luck my brother in arms, being your here and looking means you made great choses, asking ? If you dont know is the answer from the right person. Goodluck in what you deiced

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.