Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Premium Vendors > Dieselsite

Old 08-31-2014, 10:46 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Default Intercooler boot "kit"

Just wanted to share my feedback on your Intercooler boot "kit".

I've done plenty of research on my end as to what intercooler boots work the best and everyone comes back and says dieselsite or mishimoto. I've purchased the mishimoto kit and I still blow the lower IC boot off at 50psi+. Thus, I've been in search of a new piece to replace what I have and everyone I've spoken to says dieselsite boots are pretty much your only option. Hats off to you guys, you've cornered the market on this replacement boot which, is notorious for blowing off or ripping.

Just some friendly feedback on your product and your site:

1. The site itself isn't the easiest to navigate nor is the product description that great. Here is the product I purchased: http://www.dieselsite.com/20045-2007...erbootkit.aspx

Your description of this product is: "The kit includes the boot that connects the intercooler pipe to the intercooler. It includes two T-bolt spring clamps. The spring bolt clamps are 300 series stainless steel with zinc coated bolts with a 300lb clamping strength. Recommended torque is 60 in/lbs"

While I have a pretty good understanding of my 6.4, I think that you really need to change your description to be a little more in depth and specific. There are two sides to the intercooler and someone who doesn't have a decent understanding of the motor or the product line, might purchase this and receive something they didn't intend to purchase. A little more information would go a long way.

2. I'm really having a hard time understanding how you arrive at the price of $85 for ONE boot and TWO clamps while the whole kit is just a hair under $200. The price is outrageous in comparison to your next closest competitor (Mishimoto). They offer their boot for $45 if I'm not mistaken and they offer a lifetime warranty. Granted, your boot is made of a different material, you don't offer any sort of product guarantee. At the end of the day, I received the product but am a bit soured by the fact that ONE boot and TWO spring clamps are $85 + shipping. The clamps themselves at cost can't be more than 4-5 dollars each and there's no way the boot itself makes up the remainder of the $85.

Overall, the product itself is nice and shipping was fast, but the product still doesn't seem worth the $85 for ONE boot and TWO clamps.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:06 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

I love my dieselsite boots ! Definitely some of the best in the business. If you can't figure out where they go then you should probably quit while you're behind. As the mishimoto (china made) spokesperson , I find this thread incredibly low and pretty god damn tacky.
H&S Motorsports / FASS Fuel Systems / Wilwood Brakes / Precision Turbo / Spearco / PMF Suspension / Midwest Diesel / Maryland Performance Diesel / Tyrant Tuning / PPEI / Chaos Tuning / GDP Tuning / TSD Tuning / PSP Diesel / ODawg's / Fleece / Wherli Custom Fab / ICON Vehicle Dynamics / Specialty Forged / American Force / KC Turbos / Flo Pro / MBRP / AFE Power / Ford Performance / AMP Research / King Shock Technology / Fox Racing Shocks / SOTA Offroad / Rigid Industries
Email for quickest response mike@nolimitdiesel.com or 1-800-581-8986
Old 08-31-2014, 12:07 PM
Administrator
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrpowr View Post
I love my dieselsite boots ! Definitely some of the best in the business. If you can't figure out where they go then you should probably quit while you're behind. As the mishimoto (china made) spokesperson , I find this thread incredibly low and pretty god damn tacky.
This^. Dieselsite is very well respected. Not sure this is necessary.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator
Member's Gallery

All this for an intercooler boot. Lmao!

I've gotten nothing but quality from Bob and Dieselsite.

'03 F250 Reg Cab Short Bed 4x4, ZMBYKLR, 946rwlt (rear wheel llama thrust), 10.38 @ 129.60, Truck Source Diesel, Warren Diesel, Gardner Racing, Diesel Innovations

Old 08-31-2014, 02:20 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrpowr View Post
Mike, I know you and I don't get along, but this thread isn't "low" or "tacky", it's honest feedback. I have nothing against the quality of the product, I just think spending close to $100 for one boot is outrageous. The boot itself is high quality and the shipping was fast. I've actually considered switching all my boots to the dieselsite boots because the quality is better than mishimoto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSUPERD View Post
This^. Dieselsite is very well respected. Not sure this is necessary.
If it's not necessary, go ahead and remove the thread.

Thanks,
Old 08-31-2014, 02:31 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

SDRCM #9
Old 08-31-2014, 02:39 PM
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck russell View Post
Mike, I know you and I don't get along, but this thread isn't "low" or "tacky", it's honest feedback. I have nothing against the quality of the product, I just think spending close to $100 for one boot is outrageous. The boot itself is high quality and the shipping was fast. I've actually considered switching all my boots to the dieselsite boots because the quality is better than mishimoto.

If it's not necessary, go ahead and remove the thread.

Thanks,
I wouldn't say I dislike you. But the fact you took the time and effort to make a thread like this means you must be one lonely dude.
H&S Motorsports / FASS Fuel Systems / Wilwood Brakes / Precision Turbo / Spearco / PMF Suspension / Midwest Diesel / Maryland Performance Diesel / Tyrant Tuning / PPEI / Chaos Tuning / GDP Tuning / TSD Tuning / PSP Diesel / ODawg's / Fleece / Wherli Custom Fab / ICON Vehicle Dynamics / Specialty Forged / American Force / KC Turbos / Flo Pro / MBRP / AFE Power / Ford Performance / AMP Research / King Shock Technology / Fox Racing Shocks / SOTA Offroad / Rigid Industries
Email for quickest response mike@nolimitdiesel.com or 1-800-581-8986
Old 08-31-2014, 04:00 PM
General
Member's Gallery

so did the dieselsite boot blow off?
Old 09-01-2014, 12:32 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Then pay $45 for the boot that blows off! Simple!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2014, 02:05 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Has an issue, finds a product that fixes said issue... Gives product great review... Bitches about price....

Hmm