4400 springs

OryC

Reaction score
I tried searching to find the answer on here but didnt have any luck so figured I might as well make a post about it. Why do you guys that lower your trucks install the 4400 springs? Also, what shocks are y'all running with them? I'm planning on removing the rear block on mine but not swapping the springs at the same time so not sure if it will sit level or not with the stock springs and rear block removed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

JRLott

Reaction score
Fairly sure you're gonna be nose high. Look up Jomax on here. He's got 4400# fronts with no rear block. I think he's a bit nose high, but getting a bit better as he settles them is his unique way. Not my thing, but I think they run them so as not to be terribly nose high with quite a bit softer ride. No clue about shocks.

Jomax

Reaction score
I'm running no rear block, 4400lb front springs, modded bump stops and KING 2.5in shocks. Rides AMAZING vs stock. Rides even better then my old carli kit with coilovers.

Front end is now only 1/4in higher.

7581b72ea42a35fc67d9b0366e389174.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
I'm running no rear block, 4400lb front springs, modded bump stops and KING 2.5in shocks. Rides AMAZING vs stock. Rides even better then my old carli kit with coilovers.

damn crewcabs :poke:

OryC

Reaction score

So the 4400s help get the front down and helps make the ride a little better at the same time, good to know. Hate to be "that guy" but what size are your wheels and tires? I'm trying to decide between 20x10 or 22x10. Had 20x12 on my 7.3 but not sure if I want to go that wide again

Jomax

Reaction score
So the 4400s help get the front down and helps make the ride a little better at the same time, good to know. Hate to be "that guy" but what size are your wheels and tires? I'm trying to decide between 20x10 or 22x10. Had 20x12 on my 7.3 but not sure if I want to go that wide again

Right now they're boring 18x9s with factory Michelins.

I'll be getting 20x10s soon.

OryC

Reaction score
I got ya.

Does anyone else make a shock for the lowered ride height? I know KINGS are suppose to be amazing but their price is amazing as well. Did some looking online and most people only do shocks for lifted trucks. Would I basically run just a factory length shock if I decided to do 4400s?

sootie

Reaction score
I got ya.

Does anyone else make a shock for the lowered ride height? I know KINGS are suppose to be amazing but their price is amazing as well. Did some looking online and most people only do shocks for lifted trucks. Would I basically run just a factory length shock if I decided to do 4400s?

You could. The truck will bottom out hard on the bump stops tho

Jomax

Reaction score
I got ya.

Your stock height shocks should still work as the Bump stops should hit before the shock bottoms out. Problem is, with a softer spring, the shocks will bottom out way faster. If you had fox shocks, maybe it would be fine. I never ran it with the fox shocks to be able to tell you.

I do know for the rear, you need to mess with the bumps stops Because after removing the blocks. The shock will bottom out before the bumpstops hit the axle tube.

C2tuck

Reaction score

You need rims NOW. Lol

OryC

Reaction score
Your stock height shocks should still work as the Bump stops should hit before the shock bottoms out. Problem is, with a softer spring, the shocks will bottom out way faster. If you had fox shocks, maybe it would be fine. I never ran it with the fox shocks to be able to tell you.

I do know for the rear, you need to mess with the bumps stops Because after removing the blocks. The shock will bottom out before the bumpstops hit the axle tube.

Awesome. I reckon when I go to change shocks I'll go ahead and lower it down at the same time and possibly install some traction bars.

Strokersace

Reaction score

What's your 1/4" measurement based off of?

I've heard so many varying reports on 4400 springs. Some are nose high, some are level, some are slightly lower.

I'm pulling blocks and installing 4400s in my dually. It currently has 6000 front coils with the shorter rear blocks. It's front to rear stanch is perfect right now. Figured it'd drop it 2" all around and keep the look, just lower.

Definitely do not want nose high at all. But also don't want to raise the rear slightly to compensate. If anything, I'll cut a 1/2 coil on the front....

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
All this nose high chatter makes me laugh. Basically does your truck look funny or not lol.

Measuring from the fenders tells you nothing. The truck body panels are not manufactured level. distance from the fender to the top of the hood is different from the distance from the rear fender to the bed rail. When your fender height to the ground, front and rear, is equal, put a level on the bed rail. It wont be bang on level. Or if you measure fender gap, it wont match what your eye says is level. Also will be perceived as sagging.

To reinforce my point, does anyone really care what the actual measurement is? or do you just want the truck to look normal. Thats the difference between greek and roman columns. One is straight by dimension, and when you look at it from a distance, appears skinnier in the middle. The other has a designed bulge in the center of the column and to the eye, appears straight.

PS I HATE a$s low trucks...

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
What's your 1/4" measurement based off of?

I've heard so many varying reports on 4400 springs. Some are nose high, some are level, some are slightly lower.

I'm pulling blocks and installing 4400s in my dually. It currently has 6000 front coils with the shorter rear blocks. It's front to rear stanch is perfect right now. Figured it'd drop it 2" all around and keep the look, just lower.

Definitely do not want nose high at all. But also don't want to raise the rear slightly to compensate. If anything, I'll cut a 1/2 coil on the front....

I measured from the top of the tire to the wheel well.

Did you want a measurement from somewhere else?

Being you have a dually, your rear spring pack is probably thicker, so adding 4400lb springs to a dually should keep the rear end a bit higher.

Strokersace

Reaction score
All this nose high chatter makes me laugh. Basically does your truck look funny or not lol.

Measuring from the fenders tells you nothing. The truck body panels are not manufactured level. distance from the fender to the top of the hood is different from the distance from the rear fender to the bed rail. When your fender height to the ground, front and rear, is equal, put a level on the bed rail. It wont be bang on level. Or if you measure fender gap, it wont match what your eye says is level. Also will be perceived as sagging.

To reinforce my point, does anyone really care what the actual measurement is? or do you just want the truck to look normal. Thats the difference between greek and roman columns. One is straight by dimension, and when you look at it from a distance, appears skinnier in the middle. The other has a designed bulge in the center of the column and to the eye, appears straight.

PS I HATE a$s low trucks...
Don't disagree with you Ron. I don't care what the measurement is. Simply wanted to see if his measurement technique is the same as mine? Or basing it off a level on the bed.

To me, if the measurements (from top of tire to tdc of wheel opening) is close to being the same, then they "look" nose high. My personal preference for the measurement is 1.5" difference between rear to front. That LOOKS level to me.

That's also the difference on my dually currently. So I'd expect to drop 2" (or very close) in front by going from 6000 to 4400 coils. And also drop the rear by same amount by pulling blocks...

It's all about the look. No matter the measurement, I don't want it to look like it's a$$ low. Want the rear of the truck at 2wd height, so if I need to adjust lower to look level, I'm going to do it in the front.

sootie

Reaction score
Don't disagree with you Ron. I don't care what the measurement is. Simply wanted to see if his measurement technique is the same as mine? Or basing it off a level on the bed.

To me, if the measurements (from top of tire to tdc of wheel opening) is close to being the same, then they "look" nose high. My personal preference for the measurement is 1.5" difference between rear to front. That LOOKS level to me.

That's also the difference on my dually currently. So I'd expect to drop 2" (or very close) in front by going from 6000 to 4400 coils. And also drop the rear by same amount by pulling blocks...

It's all about the look. No matter the measurement, I don't want it to look like it's a$$ low. Want the rear of the truck at 2wd height, so if I need to adjust lower to look level, I'm going to do it in the front.

Gotcha. In my experience, a 3/4" rake is perceived level to the natural eye from front, side and rear view. my personal preference is 1" rake as yours is 1.5" -to each their own. I just like to be technical sometimes lol

Kind of like everyone has a different perception of what "spools good" is haha

mn_sclb

Reaction score
800ea43faf3a2a2ae4de22671b5dd6f9.jpg

4400# no blocks, stock shocks. Still a hair taller in the front. But easily 2 in taller than a 2wd still

EDIT: whoops didn't realize I was in the 6.7 section hopefully it still helps

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
Going off of my bed rails, the back end is higher.

88debf13ce021b2d7a05a0f57a9a8eeb.jpg

sootie

Reaction score
Going off of my bed rails, the back end is higher.

88debf13ce021b2d7a05a0f57aeeb.jpg

Exactly my point, level argues with the tape measure .... in the end the EYE is right lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.