Pyrometer Install

doo dah

Reaction score
I have an EGT probe to install for my Torque Tech T1 and need some help on installing it. I know there are EGR block off plates that can be used but if I have a tuner and therefore the EGR is not functioning will temps be accurate in the EGR lines? I also noticed a factory probe in the pipe from the intake manifold inlet to the EGR, could I use this location or do I HAVE to use a block off plate at the manifold to get accurate temps? I am ******* with 5" exhaust and a CAI if that means anything. I am used to 7.3s so still getting familiar with the emission stuff on the 6.7s.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
The threaded plate goes on the manifold and the sensor goes in that.

imagejpg1_zps4e8f49b4.png

Make sure the tip of the probe sticks past the plate or you will not get an accurate reading.

doo dah

Reaction score
Got it. What I want to know is if I have to buy a block off plate and use that location or could I use the factory probe location in the EGR outlet pipe that goes into the manifold?

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
I think that you are going to want to run plates for a couple of reasons. I can't believe that the temps will be accurate in the EGR tubes. If the probe is tucked up inside the block off plate, you can read a couple hundred degrees low. Leaving the EGR and tubes serve no purpose. The EGR will eventually cake up and be an even bigger paperweight.

Profuzz

Reaction score
Putting the sensor in the egr pipe is going to yield low readings

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Street6liter

Reaction score
The best and cheapest egt probe you can use is one of the probes in your *** pipe take one out put it in the plate that has the bung it goes on the exhoust manifold in the valley twards the back and you can plug it in where the previous egr temp sensor that came out of the short pipe was plugged in works with most tuners

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

wjamesm

Reaction score
The best and cheapest egt probe you can use is one of the probes in your *** pipe take one out put it in the plate that has the bung it goes on the exhoust manifold in the valley twards the back and you can plug it in where the previous egr temp sensor that came out of the short pipe was plugged in works with most tuners

Is the electrical connector on the exhaust pryo the same as the factory pryo electrical connector . so we dont have to cut the connector off and wire it in ?

Street6liter

Reaction score
Is the electrical connector on the exhaust pryo the same as the factory pryo electrical connector . so we dont have to cut the connector off and wire it in ?
Just make sure before u pull the probe from the *** you heat the bung up a little bit so that you do not round the probe off I usually use the one closest to the front its the cleanest

wjamesm

Reaction score
Just make sure before u pull the probe from the *** you heat the bung up a little bit so that you do not round the probe off I usually use the one closest to the front its the cleanest

Thanks for the tip . I plan on doing my D P F , egr , and ccv ******s once the weather starts to warm up around here .