Looking for customer input

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Whenever you have time Matt...

I do have a couple questions. Is the softer shifting going to reduce the life of the trans? I have read that the hard shifts are actually better for the trans and help longevity. Also, will the custom tuning allow for the trans to be programmed to lock the torque converter in fourth like it does in Tow/Haul? It would be nice for driving gravel and slow backcountry roads.

We don't have it softened at WOT; only at very low throttle input. The desired slip times are still very low, there won't be any accelerated wear from the shifting tweaks.

As for the lockup scheduling changes, yes, you'll have control of 5th gear (I'm referring to 4th as "5th", since the computer doesn't see or use 4th for most intents and purposes.). You'll also have adjustment capacity for 6th (5th).

Keep in mind that despite these being a "5" speed, the shift scheduling is 1-2-3-5-6 in reality; 4th is skipped. Please assume that any references I make are with that in mind.

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
So you'd like more possible options, how about

-On/off by ignition.
-High idle control through head unit.
-Drive through - valet mode, no power and as quiet as possible with dead low EGT's if you have to shut it down. Also good for car wash's, dropping off the kids, Grandma...kid driving the truck...
-Cool down timed or by EGT with key off, keys out.
-Fuel miser tune, really damped peddle with the best fuel mileage at reasonable highway speed, not towing.
-Cruise off not a hard fuel chop.
-Dampen reverse engagement in TP tune.
-Torque converter lockup through tow/haul button, possible 2nd or 3rd also.
-Gear selection through head unit.
-Traction control on/off for every one.
-Add a diff and or t case temp gauge input that uses a generic temp sender.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
So you'd like more possible options, how about

-On/off by ignition. Not sure I follow you here.

-High idle control through head unit. By head unit, do you mean the tuner?

-Drive through - valet mode, no power and as quiet as possible with dead low EGT's if you have to shut it down. Also good for car wash's, dropping off the kids, Grandma...kid driving the truck... We plan on offering a valet/low power setting choice with SOTF.

-Cool down timed or by EGT with key off, keys out. Ecm lacks logic to perform this in the operating system.

-Fuel miser tune, really damped peddle with the best fuel mileage at reasonable highway speed, not towing. I'm sure you'll understand we can't address fuel economy issues on race devices.

-Cruise off not a hard fuel chop. This is corrected in the 325 BETA and will be in all new tuning.

-Dampen reverse engagement in TP tune. Same as above.

-Torque converter lockup through tow/haul button, possible 2nd or 3rd also. This could be done, especially in 3rd gear.

-Gear selection through head unit. As above, by head unit are you referring to the tuner? Hardware isn't capable, however, our tuning is compatible with the BD Power Tap Shifter.

-Traction control on/off for every one. This will be in the new on-screen tuning settings for any of the options that don't already have it.

-Add a diff and or t case temp gauge input that uses a generic temp sender. There are some options available for this, from Zietronics (we don't have control of this, but it should be compatible with the base nDash device)

Please see responses in red above.

KTM300

Reaction score
I am sure what he asking for with "On/off by ignition" is that the DashDAQ would turn on and off with the key. I also would love to see this, but I am guessing that is something E-Motion has to address, not you. It would be nice if it would actually turn on and go to sleep, so that you wouldn't have to wait for it to boot up everytime.

Does the nDash, perhaps, already have this feature?

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
I'll sum a couple up.

-Yes, tuner turns on/off with ignition key
-To bad it can't do cool down, that would be really nice
-Yes, high idle control through the tuner
-Then make a 275 EL "Race Only" but with the first 75% of the throttle dampened to hell...I love the tune but can't stay off the peddle, it is evil...it keeps whispering... push me a lil more, it's Ok....yes.... bit more...and the trucks sideways....again....
-Could you not reprogram a now unused temp sender to be used for diff or t case? Extend the wiring, different sender and GTG...?

And lastly I have heard about the tap shifter but don't want to drop coin on a unit that takes your awesome trany tuning and mess's it up with it's own, unless it is just a pass or hold device. I have asked this before and never got a solid answer.

The rest is great to hear !!! I can't wait to run these new tunes, keep it up!!

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I'll sum a couple up.

-Yes, tuner turns on/off with ignition key
-To bad it can't do cool down, that would be really nice
-Yes, high idle control through the tuner
-Then make a 275 EL "Race Only" but with the first 75% of the throttle dampened to hell...I love the tune but can't stay off the peddle, it is evil...it keeps whispering... push me a lil more, it's Ok....yes.... bit more...and the trucks sideways....again....
-Could you not reprogram a now unused temp sender to be used for diff or t case? Extend the wiring, different sender and GTG...?

And lastly I have heard about the tap shifter but don't want to drop coin on a unit that takes your awesome trany tuning and mess's it up with it's own, unless it is just a pass or hold device. I have asked this before and never got a solid answer.

The rest is great to hear !!! I can't wait to run these new tunes, keep it up!!

Did you give the new 325hp file a try?

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Unfortunately my pay cheques aren't quite aluminum yet so I play easy. I also tow a lot through out the year and am a lil intimidated by the high boost levels while even running empty on level ground.

I can wait for now...

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Good thoughts; I'm adding these, and idle rail pressure to the list.

I'll take a look at idle VGT also.

Keep it up with the suggestions- any input is good input, as it's very easy to overlook things when you are buried in it every day.

I got a few questions for you, Matt.

Since we are going to be able to edit any file before its loaded, will the main tune list shrink or will it stay the same?

On the SOFT, when ordered with the switch i'm assuming the main file loaded up, will be not "editable" via the tuner so we will have to get another file emailed over say if we want to switch ex 275 out for the 325 for a certain position?

I remember you posting, a few months ago that the 6.4 switch will be 4 positions, is it still staying the same or is there a chance for a 5 position switch like the 6.7L?

Whats the max PW a healthy stock pump (stock injectors) can handle at WOT?

Currently what does a tuned/ 6.4 put down with the 325 beta file?

Thanks

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Any updates for Job 1's??

Scheduled to swap modules on Friday and pursue Job1 over the weekend.

The good news is, is that I'll likely have a beta for the huge on-screen tuning upgrade available around the same time. Have spent the past 3 nights coding everything for engine control on that project.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

The good news is, is that I'll likely have a beta for the huge on-screen tuning upgrade available around the same time. Have spent the past 3 nights coding everything for engine control on that project.

Wahoo, keep up the good work !

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
So almost, 2 years after release I finally got my DD updated with the 7.10 update LOL.

its very helpful to have the tire size adjustments, can't wait to try the others.

strokeofgenius

Reaction score

Make much progress this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.