Dragging brake issue. Not slide pins

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Having a brake dragging issue ever since I did the 05 axle swap. I go through a caliper about every 3 months. Running the advance auto ones.

It's ways the passengers side front and the drivers side rear that drag together. New brake lines and such.

How is the master cylinder line pressure oriented? I starting to think it can be a bad master

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
The master does not divide right/left. Only front and back. I'd check for any plumbing issues at those corners.

BS Hauler

Reaction score
I have seen where the ears on the pads are too tight. I have just ground them just a little to get more clearance. Never had a problem after that in my 06 F 350. Had rear brakes issues dragging before I did this even with 2 different calipers.

freddie

Reaction score
I have seen where the ears on the pads are too tight. I have just ground them just a little to get more clearance. Never had a problem after that in my 06 F 350. Had rear brakes issues dragging before I did this even with 2 different calipers.
Anytime I do a brake job I make sure I have a grinder readily available, to do exactly what you said. Seems the pads will fit too snugly in the caliper bracket..

Arisley

Reaction score
I always use a small dab of grease on the bracket where the pads slide across it. just a light smear spread out. if you get to much, it will run down onto the pads and that is not good.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Agreed to both of these as i do the same thing.
Anytime I do a brake job I make sure I have a grinder readily available, to do exactly what you said. Seems the pads will fit too snugly in the caliper bracket..
I always use a small dab of grease on the bracket where the pads slide across it. just a light smear spread out. if you get to much, it will run down onto the pads and that is not good.

live life full throttle

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
New calipers on those corners and flushed the lines. We'll see. Fluid was pretty dark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

m j

Reaction score

sil-glyde is what you are supposed to use there

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.