Need some help with a 2012 to 2015 turbo swap

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Might be choking on the coolant in the oil, if you didn’t change it after the swap.

sootie

Reaction score
Might be choking on the coolant in the oil, if you didn’t change it after the swap.
I do swaps all the time without getting coolant in the oil...besides, even if coolant was in the oil-it won't make it run rough.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
I thought it was a must do type of thing. Haven’t done one. Yet.......

Smokun

Reaction score
CHANGE YOUR OIL. Ther is coolant in ther

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EskimoPie

Reaction score
I did do an oil change the next day, but I'm not terribly worried about it. It cleared right up after 5-10 seconds and then purred like a kitten. Startups after that point were normal. Could it also have been due to air in fuel lines? I pulled out the fuel filter while doing the PCV kit. Lines were unattached for a few hours.

I definitely feel more turbo lag with the new turbo, but it's not too bad. The extra power is definitely noticeable. I do miss the waste gate noise though.

sootie

Reaction score
I did do an oil change the next day, but I'm not terribly worried about it. It cleared right up after 5-10 seconds and then purred like a kitten. Startups after that point were normal. Could it also have been due to air in fuel lines? I pulled out the fuel filter while doing the PCV kit. Lines were unattached for a few hours.

I definitely feel more turbo lag with the new turbo, but it's not too bad. The extra power is definitely noticeable. I do miss the waste gate noise though.

Yes your stumble will have been from air in the fuel lines. Have you got your tunes updated for the new turbo yet?

EskimoPie

Reaction score
One last thing... On the VGT electrical connection at the top of the turbo, I broke one side latch off the connector during the removal. The one on the other side was fine so I just plugged it back in. There's a nice tight rubber seal in the connector too and I'm figuring that harness doesn't really ever see any movement. Turbo is working fine. Would anyone expect that's going to give me problems down the road? Could I even buy a new connector and just R&R the pins or would I need to replace the whole harness?

Latest posts

Members online