Any luck on the S472sx-e Borg Warner

Reaction score
just spit balling fellas, but what would that 76 be like with a .250 offset ground crank, cut down pistons, a .030 bore with cam n some head work... :evil:naughty: thought I was set on a dt360 but dang it I love the sound of a built 7.7 or 7.8 liter p stroke

Reaction score
A person would have to find a shop that could do the work, and maintain the strength of the material of the crank. But about 5 or 6 years ago there were several crankshafts for sale that had a .250 offset grind. House said he had 3 of them in test engines and one had 30k miles on it, but he did not say what HP ranges they were operating in. You would have to have the pistons machined down to move the wrist pin location higher in the piston and to account for the added stroke. From what I understand, there would have to be valve reliefs flycut as well. The throttle response was improved as well. Don't hold me to the numbers but iirc depending on bore, you could go from a 7.7 litre (stock bore) up to a 7.89 liter (.040 over)

MeTo

Reaction score
Interesting, thanks. So basically stroking (with the supporting mods for) the old 7.3.

Countrycar

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I'm still looking at putting an SXE 472 on my truck. I'd like to see how durable it is and at this point we should be able to see some good feed back from some of you that have had time running them.

Countrycar

Reaction score
Looking for some feed back guys. Anybody have anymore info on the sxe 472 and their experience running it.

Countrycar

Reaction score
I've been wondering the same thing. But, Let's see if anyone will come back on here and give an answer. I've tried, but no wants to come back and give a report as to how there installation of the sxe 472 has gone for them.

DieselJpower

Reaction score
Can't comment on the performance difference between the 2, but the 72 I had was an animal for sure. My guess would be the 87 turbine is at least slightly superior to the 83. I have a local buddy with 350/2's and a built motor that went from a 467 to the 472. I'll try to ask him today. Hope all is Well my brother I'll text you

Countrycar

Reaction score
Good talking to you today brother. I appreciate you coming back and giving some of the other guys here your take on the sxe472 as well. I know there's some other guys out there that have had other experiences with the SXE 472 as well. I was kinda hoping for them to chime as well. Thank you Josh. God Bless pal.

Diversifiedtint

Reaction score
I've been wondering the same thing. But, Let's see if anyone will come back on here and give an answer. I've tried, but no wants to come back and give a report as to how there installation of the sxe 472 has gone for them.
I've got the 72 in my dually with 300/200s. 83mm turbine. She lights well and gets the big girl moving. Put her on the dyno immediately after driving an hr and a half to the event and she did 690/1502. But with all fairness it should have done a lot more. My t4 gasket was leaking and had a drop in fuel pressure. Drive out of the event and sheared my trans input shaft 400ft later. Bad day. When setup was in my single cab, I had the 1.1 housing. Now in the dually as I tow more it's nicer to have turbo come in a little quicker. Just went to 1.0. Definitely notice a difference

Countrycar

Reaction score
I've got the 72 in my dually with 300/200s. 83mm turbine. She lights well and gets the big girl moving. Put her on the dyno immediately after driving an hr and a half to the event and she did 690/1502. But with all fairness it should have done a lot more. My t4 gasket was leaking and had a drop in fuel pressure. Drive out of the event and sheared my trans input shaft 400ft later. Bad day. When setup was in my single cab, I had the 1.1 housing. Now in the dually as I tow more it's nicer to have turbo come in a little quicker. Just went to 1.0. Definitely notice a difference
Wow! Very nice, thank you sir for posting this up. I haven't had a chance to install the SXE472 in my truck just yet, but it's still on the table for me. Il hope to get it done in the next 4 months or so. We're pretty busy out here in W. Texas, so I just haven't had much time to spend with the truck lately.

Countrycar

Reaction score
Well, I know this is an older thread, but I did manage to get an sxe472. I'm removing a 38R in place of this one and well, it should be a lot of fun. I'll start a new thread with some pictures once I figure out why my laptop won't let me do this. I'll report back once I get it installed. I'm currently lacking my down pipe and clamp, 5.5x4 air filter hose & an intercooler hose. I should have these parts next week and once I get some time from work, I'll put it on.

Countrycar

Reaction score
SXE472

Here's a picture of the SXE472 turbo I plan to put on.

Attachments

• IMG_1969.jpg
    IMG_1969.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 82

Latest posts

Members online