On going miss at highway speeds.

jrex2506

Reaction score
I recently rebuilt my truck and have an ongoing issue that i cant solve. Here is a list of mods:

Full rebuild 7k miles ago, full fuel system with 1/2" fuel lines, 6.7 pump, diy regulated return with just redone 190/75% warren injectors. 5/40 scheffers oil, new ipr, hpop, ebp, main harness, glow plugs, cooler among other stuff. Ficm shows 49 volts.

I have no codes, warren tunes with a 6 speed. Runs great but after 30 minutes of driving, its like the turbo vanes flutter and i get a small miss. Its not horrible but i have no idea what else to check. If i hold at a steady rpm and load, its like the vanes constantly change. I also get this small miss/skip in the motor. Only can tell above 50. If i mash the pedel it goes away. Also when i coast and then get back into the throttle above 2k rpm it seems like the injectors get louder compared to a load going uphill.

Im sorry for the long post but i have redone everything and still have the miss/skip. Injectors were completely rebuilt. Any ideas at all???? Im about done with this truck, its not terrible, but drives me crazy going anywhere in it....

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

jrex2506

Reaction score
I guess i could check, it starts fine, so its not leaking oil back down. They were all updated 2 years ago with stc fitting.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ive haf a few that run fine and start fine, but break up at certain conditions. Usually its a bit higher in the rpm, but you never know. And i think it was a year, year and a half ago or so when it was real common to have them break.

jrex2506

Reaction score
When u remove them should they just be one solid piece?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Sometimes they will come apart in 2 pieces, but there is an o ring on the bottom and middle of the top piece. When they break, it is like there is a sleeve on it, or it will break in the check valve area

jrex2506

Reaction score
I ordered warrens hi flow stand pipes. Ill report back whether it fixxed the problem or not

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
is it a miss under acceleration?, or more of a chugging? i see you swapped to the 03 turbo, just curious if you have a vgt solenoid going out. not sure if you have monitored duty cycle, or icp, ipr etc.

jrex2506

Reaction score
Ive got warrens hi flow pipes wanting to go in. Yes im looking at the vgt solenoid too. Its on a 45 mph and above just easy driving. If i tack the gears out it doesnt. But if im going down a grade and im in a lower gear, when i get back nto the throttle, the injectors are loud compared to going up a hill with a load on the motor.

jrex2506

Reaction score
It was a broken stand pipe. New ones in. Warren's are really good quality.

Latest posts

Members online