No oil pressure

Joshf250

Reaction score
Whenever I startup my truck either hot or cold I have no oil pressure on my dash and my the vgt doesn’t come on until I give it some throttle but after that everything seems to be fine. Could the be my LPOP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Eh, you could...

The gauge works best when the motors already failed though.

bismic

Reaction score
What oil filter are you running?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Great question. Also, is your oil filter cap OEM or a tall aftermarket?

The easiest way to confirm is to put a manual pressure gauge on it. That costs money for the gauge and the fittings though. If you want to go that direction, the easiest way is to get an oil filter cap that has a port for a pressure gauge. You can also plumb up a gauge to the test port, but it is somewhat of a pain to get to.

Whichever way you choose, we can give you the pressure specs for various rpms if you desire.

You have to be pumping some oil to feed the HPOP or you wouldn't start and run, but I would hate to "assume" that it is a bad pressure switch. Probably the easiest thing to do is buy a new oil pressure switch. If it is still low, check the oil pressure regulator spring (after answering the questions on oil filter and oil filter cap).

Joshf250

Reaction score
I have always ran motorcraft filters and still using the factory cap, I may get a gauge to test oil pressure, how much pressure should I be looking for?

bismic

Reaction score
The minimum engine oil pressure specifications with the engine at operating temperature are:
82.7 kPa (12 psi) at 700 rpm,
165.5 kPa (24 psi) at 1,200 rpm,
310.3 kPa (45 psi) at 1,800 rpm

Joshf250

Reaction score
The minimum engine oil pressure specifications with the engine at operating temperature are:
82.7 kPa (12 psi) at 700 rpm,
165.5 kPa (24 psi) at 1,200 rpm,
310.3 kPa (45 psi) at 1,800 rpm

Awesome thank you, I will get a gauge this week and see what I can find out