• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

Dash Swap

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Hey guys.. I was wandering how hard it would be to swap an '08 dash in my '99? I like the look of the interior on the new trucks, and would like a new look in my truck. Any input is appreciated

David S.

Reaction score
I don't think anyone has ever attemped the conversion, have they?

florida 6.0

Reaction score
There is a shop in Ocala Fl called Sounds Crazy , they have done a few entire truck conversions . I am sure its a pain. I have been thinking about it to , mainly to get the big pocket door panels.

wildstang3

Reaction score
I asked this on the nation and didnt get a response but Im interested in this swap as well also would like to the front end swap! Arent the cabs the same from 99 to present though? You would think it would be straight forward until the wiring!

David S.

Reaction score
I asked this on the nation and didnt get a response but Im interested in this swap as well also would like to the front end swap! Arent the cabs the same from 99 to present though? You would think it would be straight forward until the wiring!

There are a couple brave souls out there that have done the 08 front end swaps.

John

Reaction score
What stopped me from trying was the gauge cluster. CAN isn't compatible, so the cluster is out. The older cluster doesn't seem like it would fit correctly, so the only way to really make it work would be to modify the dash to accommodate the original cluster, or autometer custom gauges. Maybe there would be a to make a stand alone module to just help control certain things to make a cluster work. but I can't see it being very cheap.

imelmo

Reaction score
One of my employees has a friend that did it. COmplete '08 interior including dash. Then complete '08 front end. Not really sure why he didn't just buy an '08, lol. I'll see what I can find out.

thuglike

Reaction score
Has anyone ever taken their dash out of the truck?

If you attempt it once...you'll never try it again.

It's the biggest PITA known to man. You'll see things that will make you wish you had better things to do.

John

Reaction score
Has anyone ever taken their dash out of the truck?

If you attempt it once...you'll never try it again.

It's the biggest PITA known to man. You'll see things that will make you wish you had better things to do.

I have done it, and it didn't seem that bad. A few hidden screws had me scratching my head, like the ones holding the defrost vent behind the actual vent, but it was pretty quick process.

After working on the 6L for high pressure oil issues, and an oil cooler replacement, nothing seems involved anymore LOL.

RedLine

Reaction score
I was told the firewalls were different, so it would be a lot of fabbing there, I guess I have a couple of each that are torn apart in the shop so I could just compare them LOL And the dashes are not that difficult to take out, you just need to find all the screws/bolts.

Enoch

Reaction score
Also heard last night the a/c duct work is completely different, don't know how true it is tho'. I have no desire to tackle this task.

rc4wd

Reaction score
I thought somebody on the nation had done the dash swap I can't remember exactly who it was. If its the truck I'm thinking about though it's a black ccsb show truck, lifted with the new suspension swap too.

truckpullin_75

Reaction score
That was probably "ExtremeFord4x4", it was an 07 dash swap though. I've seen a few write-ups on doing an 05-07 dash swap but I'm sure doing an 08 or newer swap is a whole different can of worms so to speak.

rc4wd

Reaction score
Yep that's who I was thinking about, well darn I thought I had something there for a moment sorry.

Latest posts

Members online