My 86 Fummins Project

Matt_P

Reaction score
This is going to be really random but on your old 99 fummins what was the suspension setup on it? Was it just stock height? It looked pretty low with the 22's and 420's. I've been looking at an ecsb 7.3 and if I get it that's the exact height I want.

Yeah it was just stock height in the front with no block in the rear

smcox1

Reaction score
Thanks that's kind of what I was thinking, that truck had the perfect stance for an ecsb.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Well its been forever since this has had an update. Trying to get someone to follow through on painting has been a nightmare. A good friend of mine came through and got set up with a shop to finally get this thing done and he did it as a wedding gift with a bunch of my other friends which was pretty cool of him. It should be done in a week or two. These are all the pics I have for now

bed rails shaved
27123820474_f7bd01fdd4_z.jpg
Untitled by Matt Popiel, on Flickr

weld in roll pan installed
27123820574_bd2c243354_z.jpg

rear fuel door shaved

27702422296_19f614bff6_z.jpg

First bit of color

27123822824_35d96d892d_z.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score

Wayne

Reaction score
I've been following this project for YEARS LOL My 6.4 excursion project been waiting for paint for a couple years now as well, and I've finally made the decision that paint needs to happen right away, so starting this week, I'm blowing off everything else until the main body is done. It's just been too long :fustrate: and it's extra bad for me because I'm the one doing the work :fustrate::fustrate::fustrate: I'm sure both of our projects will speed up exponentially once painting is out of the way. :toast:

Matt_P

Reaction score
I've been following this project for YEARS LOL My 6.4 excursion project been waiting for paint for a couple years now as well, and I've finally made the decision that paint needs to happen right away, so starting this week, I'm blowing off everything else until the main body is done. It's just been too long :fustrate: and it's extra bad for me because I'm the one doing the work :fustrate::fustrate::fustrate: I'm sure both of our projects will speed up exponentially once painting is out of the way. :toast:

Its been a very drawn out project thats for sure! Yeah trying to get someone to paint mine has been a battle thats for sure! Im terrible at body work so it would be even worse if I tried to do it myself lol. It still has a little ways to go but it finally has color. Itll be nice once both of our projects are on the road!

28752076282_39318a99c7_z.jpg

TyCorr

Reaction score
Are you going to make headlights for it or use the sealed beams like they did in 86?

sootie

Reaction score
There are some awesome led sealed beam lights on the market today

Wayne

Reaction score
Got any links to said lights? I ran the LMC ones, and loved them. I'm sure you could do an HID or LED conversion on these as they use a replaceable modern element.

0078.jpg

Latest posts

Members online