Tyrant ez lynk + sotf switch review 15+

slc6oh

Reaction score
If your like me and needed to hear about tuning a 15 and everything seems to be reviews of the 11-14 trucks,

I got with no limit fab for the ez lynk and sotf switch with his stage2 intake to top it all off.

I had read that the 15+ transmissions are slightly different and need to be tuned accordingly. I really really don't want trans issues so talking to (mike?) with no limit he recommended tyrant tuning.

Install was straight forward and simple, ordered on Monday had the stuff in hand on Wednesday.
When first setting the ez lynk up my account hadn't been turned on yet, 8pm here in utah and i was about to just unplug everything and try again the next day. Messaged him on here and asked him to call me if he had time. About 1 beer later my phone rang. We got it figured out and i was ready to rock. After hours in the middle if the week, that was good customer service in my eyes!

I loaded up the 40-200 clean sotf tunes. The thing drives like stock with way more power... i cant say i notice alot of change between settings but when its on 5 you really know. Even on 5, it barely smokes at all which i like. I leave it on 1 typically as i just go back and forth to work most the time and im seeing a solid 14.5mpg in stop and go traffic. Towing 13-14k on level 1 is effortless. Nothing gets hot and has tons of power. Exhaust brake kicks ass too. Same trailer same route my 6.0 would get low 9s for mpg, and i would have to baby sit the egts and smoke output. I cant comment on egts on the new setup but setting the cruise at 70 while towing was no issue, some steep short rolling hills and it wouldn't even flinch. And got 12mpg

Its only been a couple weeks, but so far, I'm completely sold on the ezlynk,no limit fab, and tyrant tuning!

Now i just needa get the blockoff plates installed so i can have my pyro (bolt seemed like was gonna break so i gave up)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
868545f42f5137706c2de5c4b78a5278.jpg

Onetwothree

Reaction score
I went with the ppei tunes and I'm not getting that smooth of shifts. I feel it shift hard going 5th to 6th.

Last edited:

slc6oh

Reaction score
Wasnt even aware of a back light... so no lol

slc6oh

Reaction score
I went with the ppei tunes and I'm not getting that smooth of shifts. I feel it shift hard going 5th to 6th.

Only time i ever really even feel the trans do anything is when the converter locks up in 5th gear. And at that its soft.

Nothing like the old 5r110 that you could feel do everything that it did lol

stroker2

Reaction score
Only time i ever really even feel the trans do anything is when the converter locks up in 5th gear. And at that its soft.

Nothing like the old 5r110 that you could feel do everything that it did lol

Does the converter only lock up in 5th and up? Or will it lock as early as factory? I know my 15 which is still stock will lock up around 30 mph at mild throttle.

cappa

Reaction score
Depends on the tune. I have spar and it locks up in 3rd. Their old enhanced lockup would lock it in 2nd if you were hard on the throttle. Different tunes but I would say the lockup depends I how the tune is written

Reaction score
I may try tyrant in the future. I have GH with the SOFT on my 15. This thing rolls coal in every tune. I almost think something's wrong with the tunes.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
My Tyrant tunes are more smokey than th GH tunes. Something maybe wrong the only setting I can really get to smoke is my race tune. Thats either going 55 and smash the pedal or from a standstill and full throttle. And it is only for a second until the turbo spools then the smoke is gone. Idk?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
Little update-

Loaded up a 40-200 “smokey” tune to see if off idle would be any better (it wasnt bad before but you could tell the fueling was waaaay turned down)

Well now on this “smokey” tune this 8000# truck moves like a gasser. Holy ****.

And nothing more than a light poof of smoke right at first. (Lvl 4)

This is how these things should come from the factory.
Im pretty sure its getting better fuel mileage too.

Ill try and get a video or something later today.

blackseven

Reaction score
I have a question, I've currently got an SCTx4 and GH tunes, was thinking about switching to Tyrant + SOTF.

If I use the SCTx4 + SOTF and Tyrant tunes, are the tunes any different than using them with an EZ lynk? I use Speedhut gauges for monitoring EGT's and boost. I also have torque pro for monitoring anything else, but generally I only want to see EGT's, Boost and Oil temp. If I switch to the Ezlynk what am I gaining over the SCT x4 beyond using the app for monitoring?

ThunderImpulse5

Reaction score
Where do you plug in the wires for the SOTF? I have a GTX with Tyrant I am going go install on my 2014 F350 here this week and the instructions seem to leave that part out...

joebuck

Reaction score
Where do you plug in the wires for the SOTF? I have a GTX with Tyrant I am going go install on my 2014 F350 here this week and the instructions seem to leave that part out...

It taps into a sensor, look up EZ LYNK SOTF installation on YouTube and they show you how/where to do it at

slc6oh

Reaction score

Idk if the 14 & 15 use the same place to plug in for the sotf switch, mines using the charge air temp sensor, but I’m pretty sure some use the fuel rail pressure sensor.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.