Took My HFCM Apart And Serviced It..

jdc753

Reaction score
Once you do it the first time its not bad the second go around lol. Only took me maybe 15 minutes to pull it the second time when the first I was fighting with it forever in the dark. Quick disconnect tools really help LOL :doh:

Did you have crud like this in the bottom of yours?

DSC03514.jpg

superstroker99

Reaction score
Has dumb as he seems sometimes he really has alot of good info in his site alot of stuff people normally dont think of he knows his way around a powerstroke. If you own a 6.0 and have not done this chances are its not been done i would do it

Atsah

Reaction score
Once you do it the first time its not bad the second go around lol. Only took me maybe 15 minutes to pull it the second time when the first I was fighting with it forever in the dark. Quick disconnect tools really help LOL :doh:

Did you have crud like this in the bottom of yours?

DSC03514.jpg

Ya kinda looked like that.. Probably was never done.. I'm glad I did it..

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
"look at that chit in that fuel filter!" lol

Also the water in fuel sensor was never eliminated as he states in the video, the sensor to your left which was a fuel heater was eliminated. Ford didn't answer to the water in fuel problem by saying to unplug that sensor either. I don't think Ford would want you to ignore a situation like that starting in 2005 with the sky rocketing warranty claims on 6.0's. It doesn't make sense to just unplug something to hide the situation at hand.

Last edited:

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
It probably has 25-30K on it that would be why the cab is off.. LOL

The abuse people do to these trucks is pretty bad. A lot of people don't take care of these vehicles. Then the truck craps out, the owner blames the truck and not himself.

jdc753

Reaction score
It probably has 25-30K on it that would be why the cab is off.. LOL

The abuse people do to these trucks is pretty bad. A lot of people don't take care of these vehicles. Then the truck craps out, the owner blames the truck and not himself.

Wouldn't be surprised.

The reason why I pulled mine off the truck was actually because under my best guess the previous owner (0-49k) never once drained the water out, and who knows if he changed the filters. The brass plug was fused to the aluminum housing so we had to pull the pump and cover so that the plug could be drilled out and replaced. Thats when I found all the crud in the bottom of mine.

Also I bet most of us know it, but some might not, the filter he shows in the video is the old style filter. The new one has an o-ring at the base of it to greater seal against the fuel bypassing the filter once it has become plugged up.

Atsah

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised.

The reason why I pulled mine off the truck was actually because under my best guess the previous owner (0-49k) never once drained the water out, and who knows if he changed the filters. The brass plug was fused to the aluminum housing so we had to pull the pump and cover so that the plug could be drilled out and replaced. Thats when I found all the crud in the bottom of mine.

Also I bet most of us know it, but some might not, the filter he shows in the video is the old style filter. The new one has an o-ring at the base of it to greater seal against the fuel bypassing the filter once it has become plugged up.[/QUOTE]

Yes when I went to the new design filters I replaced the FPR kit right then and there because the new filter and added o-ring will drop your fuel pressure a bit.. So if it's marginal to begin with, using the new design filter could be trouble.. That's the way I took at it anyways..

jdc753

Reaction score
Doesn't sound normal to me, but is it the same as the Ford it replaced? maybe you can just swap the cover from the old ford pump to the new carter unit, so that you have a drain. I would also make sure you get the HFCM drain plug from the LCF trucks too.

yeehaw

Reaction score
yea same as the ford one, and i don't have the original since a shop installed it and tossed it away

i just noticed last time i changed the fuel filter that it had just a blank plug there and no way to remove it LOL

Atsah

Reaction score
I can't amagine there is no water separator on any pump for a diesel, if there is no way to drain water, were is it going? hopefully not throught to your injectors.. There has to be some explanation for this..

Latest posts

Members online