diy dual feeders?

derrick36

Reaction score
We sell our lines for $50 a piece. They come straight and you can bend them.

I did not know that.

Can they be had in custom lengths or are they the lengths that are used for your dual setup?

What about the "T" fittings?

derrick36

Reaction score
We have 28", 10" and 8" lines. We also have tee fittings, couplers, and pump fittings.

I just checked the site and I don't see any of the stuff listed.

Can you PM me some prices on these items you listed?
I see that the lines are $50. Is that in any of the lengths or is that for the shortest?

Thanks.

lubeowner

Reaction score
How cheap do you really hope to get a twin pump setup done by doing it yourself? Not being arguementative, just inquiring what your goal or expectation of savings is?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I agree with jermy i see the final cost adding up to what a kit would have cost minus the price of a headache LOL

lubeowner

Reaction score
I agree with jermy i see the final cost adding up to what a kit would have cost minus the price of a headache LOL

Not trying to say it isn't cheaper but I have a pretty good idea what it cost to make a twin fuel setup. I also know that everything you make will not fit has you hoped the first time, so there is a remaking process.

Look at either belt driving the second pump, whether it be a siemens pump or a cp3. If trying to mount them in the second alternator position they hit the head and can't sit back far enough to run on the factory belt. Seimens pump will not fit in the main alternator spot. So you have to mount it in the second alternator position. This causes you to not only have to get a pulley to fit on the pump but get a pulley to fit on the crank. No one makes this stuff so you will have to have it made yourself. If you can't then you have to find someone who can and custom one off parts are not cheap. Then as listed in earlier posts you have the get the idler pulleys plus tensioner, not mention the brackets. The second alternator postion was designed for a small pulley on an alternator and the pump will require a huge pulley. There becomes space issues with the cac tube. I would bet you will be well over a grand just getting the pump mounted and the belt to work. Now you still have to buy the pump, have the pump mounted to reverse spin. Then you have to deal with getting the lines.

If you mount the pump on the front of the crank, which I think would be the simplest mounting, you have to get rid of the factory fan. How much are you going to spend putting electric fans on the truck? I think the 7.3 flex-a-lite fans are like $600 to $700 alone. That right there drives the price way up.

I just wanted to ask, what you really think this would cost in the end once you put realistic numbers to it?

Jms8800

Reaction score
I guess it all boils down to what you have access to.

I've been planning to build an electric fan set up for a while now and will do it with or without dual fuelers. The spare engine I'm picking up has a good factory pump, and will allow me to mock up the setup. Also the companies I work with build fuel lines for industrial engines (cat,Waukesha,cooper/Cameron) so I ASSume they go up to our pressures, but I'll find that out soon.

I know it won't be cheap or easy, but it gives me something to do on weekends. Maybe it'll come out cheaper than the kit, maybe it won't.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I guess it all boils down to what you have access to.

I've been planning to build an electric fan set up for a while now and will do it with or without dual fuelers. The spare engine I'm picking up has a good factory pump, and will allow me to mock up the setup. Also the companies I work with build fuel lines for industrial engines (cat,Waukesha,cooper/Cameron) so I ASSume they go up to our pressures, but I'll find that out soon.

I know it won't be cheap or easy, but it gives me something to do on weekends. Maybe it'll come out cheaper than the kit, maybe it won't.

Factory fan works great.... I didn't have much luck with casper

Jms8800

Reaction score
Well I'm thinking of using 4 mark viii fans(if they'll fit) two behind and two in front. Supposedly they move 4600cfm. I don't fully believe that but I know they move a lot nonetheless. I'll be removing my intercooler and putting two air to waters where my batteries currently are(one on either side). The two under the hood will be controlled via thermostat and the two where my intercooler is now will be on a switch for when needed.

derrick36

Reaction score
I talked with Greg from http://www.chopsmitty.com/
He charges roughly $200 in labor for 2 pullies.
He would need about a foot of aluminum to do 2. The pricing on that is obviously going to depend on the diameter of the round that was needed.

Probably looking in the $350 to $450 range for both.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I'm thinking up a different route then off the pullys... Just is gonna take me awhile been busy as hell

Bulldogman

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get the bracket for a dual fueler set up I have everything else

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.