Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 2017+ 6.7 Aluminum Super Duty

Old 07-12-2019, 10:46 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post

They caused problems in the past, are causing problems now, and will do so in the future. Not unexpected in anyway.....just wait till the excuses are "it's a weak design.....there's less clutch packs...etc etc etc"...all the excuses will be the same. Until someone discovers the right parameters it's going to be a LONG road to perfection. What's crazy is people wanting the tunes to be perfect on day one. Tell me the last time on day one of a new motor/trans that was perfect out the box, and even better when it was tuned .....never happened.
Exactly! There is always problems and still will be going forward. I just think these problems are going to be magnified over the 6R with the new 10 speed.

2017 F350 6.7 PSD XLT, Bronze Fire Metallic CCSB
Old 07-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltPowerStrokeTough View Post
Ive ridden and driven multiple 2018+ F150s with the 10 speed, both 3.5 eco and 5.0s. My biggest complaint is the shifting is all over the place and never know what youre going to get. Sometimes you dont even know its shifting and smooth as can be, othertimes it'll slam/clunk a gear either upshift or downshifts. Almost like its getting confused on what to do. I think in the long run there are benefits to the 10 speed to keep rpms exactly where you need them to be right in the meat of the powerband, plus will help the MPGs. The concept is there, just still needs refining especially in a powerhouse platform like the 6.7L. I just have my reservations on whether or not its actually going to be better (reliability and simplicity wise) than the 6R thats in my 17. If/when the truck is able to be tuned, I think a lot of tuners are going to be messing up a lot of peoples transmissions for a while. I hope Ford hits a home run with the beefed up 10R thats going to be in the Super Dutys, but think its going to have plenty of growing pains for multiple years.
Same reservations have been made since 2spd power/street glides.
Ezlynk 2, Fox 2.0 resis, Pmf Fox 2.0 DSS, OUO ALA, OUO spring thing, OUO traction blocks & bars, AL 5000 ultimate + wireless one, AMP steps, Retrofitted Projectors, Midwest built long block, Midwest compounds 66mmVgt PTE 86mm, H&S dual fuelers with RCD 60% iinjectors, Midwest competition 6r140, EE Billet faceplate, Suncoast quaddisc
Old 07-12-2019, 01:12 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcain View Post
Same reservations have been made since 2spd power/street glides.
Very true and will always be that way when it comes to a big change. But I just would want some years of real world feed back on the HD platform with that 10 speed before I personally bought one. Guess we will see! Plus, I actually think the 17-19 front end looks way better that the 20s. Not a big fan of the shape of the head lights, fog lights and the smiley face grill. Definitely not enough to make me leave my 17 coming up. However, that new blue is going to be an awesome choice to have on a Super Duty!

2017 F350 6.7 PSD XLT, Bronze Fire Metallic CCSB
Old 07-13-2019, 03:32 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
That guy from YouTube????

Yeah thatís him. Good talk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2019, 06:08 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Exactly! There is always problems and still will be going forward. I just think these problems are going to be magnified over the 6R with the new 10 speed.

Yep...people in the aftermarket tuning will always use excuses about the hard parts WAY before they state they just don't know how to get the tuning correct.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:05 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

All great points and discussion about the new 10-speed, but I am still worried about the huge sticker price for something that is inevitably going to cause a headache... I mean, I get that everything is a process, especially when it comes to new engineering, but the track record on these 10-speeds thus far still poses enough worry to just stick with the 2017-19's.
------------------------------------------------------------
Next Project: 2020 F-350 6.7 Platinum Tremor CCSB.

Last edited by CMCx2012; 07-13-2019 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:52 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

How can you even say "but the track record on these 10-speeds thus far still poses enough worry...."??

The Super Duty version has not EVEN been out on the street used by customers. LMAO

Comparing a F-150 10spd to a not even released SD 10spd is a bit of a stretch. Not to mention no one has really reported the tear down of any other "10spd" co-built by manufacturers to show they have problems. Yes, I don't follow blogs/forums of other brands so NO I don't care. Why?? Cause the population on the forums/FB are like 1% of all the products on the road. No one will really post up their in-depth knowledge sharing the findings of the real world products on the ground. Why?? Cause someone else out there will show where their info/knowledge is inaccurate.... sure there's always opinions....but you know the rest of that comment.

Let's wait until someone breaks one when unloaded driving to the mall....then multiply that by about 25,000.....then we can say what doesn't really work well.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:31 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

There have been plenty of failed 10 speeds so far but its natural first years of the design to work out the bugs in the hardware and software. They did say in an article I read the 2020 superduty has been the most tested superduty to date with most miles logged. Ordering bank is open 8/14 and initial build date of 11/4
97-250 7.3 Eaton TVS Supercharged, S369sxe, R&D IDI performance T4 mount, my B350/200s, Honey Badger SR with My tunes, BMW M3 seats, Sky 5" RSK skyjacker drop pivot brackets, Sky shackles and hangers, Toyo M/T

1948 GMC Detroit 453T
1951 Mack A51T
1916 Federal 1 1/2T

Last edited by superpsd; 07-14-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:47 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpsd View Post
There have been plenty of failed 10 speeds so far but its natural first years of the design to work out the bugs in the hardware and software. They did say in an article I read the 2020 superduty has been the most tested superduty to date with most miles logged. Ordering bank is open 8/14 and initial build date of 11/4

How many failed 10spd Super Duty transmissions???????????????????
Old 07-15-2019, 08:55 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Great insight and info, Heavy.
------------------------------------------------------------
Next Project: 2020 F-350 6.7 Platinum Tremor CCSB.