2015 vs 2020

banksGTA

Reaction score
Was curious what your guys opinion was on if it’s worth the switch. Main reason I want to is their bringing in the bright blue in for the 250s. Is their any known pros or cons? Thanks

Harley-6.4

Reaction score
Supposedly, the new Torqshifts will be 10 speeds, whereas the 2015-2019 will have the 6 speed,but if you don’t plan on d3leting, the 2020 will have more technology depending on the trim level you choose.

Outlaw Bill

Reaction score
Depends on what you want, if you like the new body style and interior go for it. The drive train is slightly different with the new transmission plus more torque and hp.

banksGTA

Reaction score
I’ll more than likely be ******** it. Trim level will be at least lariat but I’m going to be looking at the KR.

Harley-6.4

Reaction score
If you are considering at least doing a lariat on the 2020, then I would recommend getting a platinum 17-18, they would probably be around the same price, and you wouldn’t have to wait for d3lete packages. Also the 17+ 6.7’s have Dyno proven tunes. But this is my preference

Black AOD

Reaction score
I’ll more than likely be ******** it. Trim level will be at least lariat but I’m going to be looking at the KR.

There's a very good likelihood you will not be able to dleet 2020's

Same thing with 5th Gen Cummins and new Duramax's. Between the new EPA stuff rolling out and manufacturer's coding tech, don't be surprised if you can't

C2tuck

Reaction score

Same thing with 5th Gen Cummins and new Duramax's. Between the new EPA stuff rolling out and manufacturer's coding tech, don't be surprised if you can't

That’s gonna suck.

Black AOD

Reaction score
That’s gonna suck.
Oh I agree and trust me there's nobody more than myself that hopes I'm wrong about what I just said. Sadly it doesn't look like it's going to happen though with the way things are going these days.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

C2tuck

Reaction score
Oh I agree and trust me there's nobody more than myself that hopes I'm wrong about what I just said. Sadly it doesn't look like it's going to happen though with the way things are going these days.....

Well I hope your wrong too. Where have you read this info?

superpsd

Reaction score
The 6.7 is staying with the bocsh injection system but rated to the higher pressures. The 6.7 will have revised castings for improved cooling and strength. Steel pistons to with stand the higher pressures and different longer rods. Aluminum intake manifold etc. There will always be a way to hack them. The 17 duramax were said to be impossible due to the encryption yet now they are tuneable. It is just getting rediculously expensive to tune. However the cost to gain ratio is likely cheaper as in the old days you needed expensive hardware upgrades to make big power. Even if they become 100% uncrackable someone will step up and engineer stand alone systems. Power numbers will probably be released soon but definitely will crack 1000 ft lbs.

Last edited:

08Monster

Reaction score

Dmax has been tunable for a long time. Someone will ALWAYS find a way, but it will be spendy

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
Dmax has been tunable for a long time. Someone will ALWAYS find a way, but it will be spendy

The 2017+ L5P? I wouldnt say a "long time" but Yes it can be tuned but the means of how to do it is incredibly unorthodox.

Future trucks "may" be tunable but it will either be incredibly involved to do so and not necessarily worth it to most or it just plain wont be possible.

I'm not here to argue the who's and what nots and blah blah, I'm just sharing the info I know about what's coming and what to expect.....I dont agree with any of it, trust me.

08Monster

Reaction score
The 2017+ L5P? I wouldnt say a "long time" but Yes it can be tuned but the means of how to do it is incredibly unorthodox.

Future trucks "may" be tunable but it will either be incredibly involved to do so and not necessarily worth it to most or it just plain wont be possible.

I'm not here to argue the who's and what nots and blah blah, I'm just sharing the info I know about what's coming and what to expect.....I dont agree with any of it, trust me.

About a year I would say.

The way that I see it, all it will take is someone smart to want to do it. You think these tuners are super smart? Think of the people that hack into the Pentagon and things like that. If someone like that would put their skill into something like this, they could have cracked that L5P ecm in hours, not a year.

PDT1081

Reaction score
About a year I would say.

The way that I see it, all it will take is someone smart to want to do it. You think these tuners are super smart? Think of the people that hack into the Pentagon and things like that. If someone like that would put their skill into something like this, they could have cracked that L5P ecm in hours, not a year.

It's all engineered by a human. It can be un-engineered by another human. The process can be sped up if you can find the person who originally engineered it, and slip a little something to them under the table.

C2tuck

Reaction score
It seems it’s not wether it can be done or not, but rather the potential penalties for those who do it.

superpsd

Reaction score
The ones getting in trouble are the ones who sell the calibrations with the parameters already altered. It is harder to go after a company who unlocks a computer and develops software that enables the parameters to be altered.

tangoparson

Reaction score
I heard the 10 speed transmission in the 20s will be a joint venture between Ford and GM.

Tell me it ain’t true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Jomax

Reaction score

We said this back in 2016 for the 17s lol. I hope not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online