Supporting power mods

67boost

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm new to PSA, but not new to diesel performance (came from the cummins world). I recently picked up a 2011 6.7 and have already done a TON of reading and research as to how y'all get power out of them. Truck isn't currently deleted, but it will be soon, and mods will be on the way.

Due to the wealth of information out here already, I'm not asking HOW y'all are making this power. I understand the turbo kits, fueling and tuning. No problem there. What I'm curious to know is "insurance" mods. Things that keep the motor from letting go. Again, I'm from the cummins world. For me, valve springs, head studs, trans mods and so on are necessary for any significant power goals. I currently still own my 2002 Ram that dynoed at 721hp on a small shot of spray.

What do these trucks like for insurance? My goals would probably be in the 650-700hp range. I've searched and searched to no avail for this information.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
Brian

67boost

Reaction score
Surprising...

With all the reading I've done, people were saying they were making 600-700 on stock internals? Was this for 2015s maybe?

Thanks for the welcome!

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Surprising...

With all the reading I've done, people were saying they were making 600-700 on stock internals? Was this for 2015s maybe?

Thanks for the welcome!

Rods. stock rods 700HP? boom a window in the block LOL.

Last edited:

67boost

Reaction score
If you want it to "last" you gotta get rods yes the stock bottom end will last for "a little" then boom a window in the block LOL.

Makes enough sense. Though, it's a little disappointing the rods aren't capable of withholding that amount of power, though I guess Ford didn't anticipate I'd want to mod out the truck. Probably seems senseless to them:naughty:

What else is necessary on these motors besides rods to safely achieve this power level?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Makes enough sense. Though, it's a little disappointing the rods aren't capable of withholding that amount of power, though I guess Ford didn't anticipate I'd want to mod out the truck. Probably seems senseless to them:naughty:

What else is necessary on these motors besides rods to safely achieve this power level?

The only engines "factory built" to handle that much power on a stock bottom end is us 6.4 guys we got some guys running 1000 HP on stock 6.4 bottom end. I bet you could make a stock 6.7 bottom end survive at 700 HP level like sootie said all about them tuning.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
absolutely. talk to Morgan @ Midwest. his survives quite the thrashing

Reaction score
There are plenty living at 600+. Just have to understand that if you want to play at that level that at anytime you could need a new short block if something lets loose. They are making it like, but it's nothing guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score
Y'all talkin at the crank or wheels? I'm guessing the wheels but, just wanna clarify.

- A vet' that's gone from a 7.3 to a 6.7, tryin to gather info & help out when I can. New to the 6.7 & PSA. Please excuse my potential FNG ways.

Latest posts

Members online