Re-Tune for FICM??

ViperACR

Reaction score
I have an 05 X that has 155/30 Warren, MTW stage 2 , reg fuel return, 4" MDRP exhaust straight through, Thumper 1, ARP studs running Gear Head tunes. I just added BD exhaust manifold, Odawg 3 intake, and full force 80 FICM tune. The shop that did these last mods listed didn't think there would be a need for a new tunes. I just got the truck back and really can't tell any seat of the pants difference before and after these last mods. What are the thoughts for not changing tunes, are they needed or not? I like this shop and think they are great but they seem to be more of a powerstroke repair shop than performance shop. Thanks to all for helping.

Last edited:

Zeb

Reaction score
With that small of an injector and turbo combination you won’t feel much seat of the pants difference with the BD exhaust manifolds, ODawg intake manifold, and FICM tuning. The difference would be slightly lower egt and possibly a little quicker throttle response because of the less restrictive intake manifold.

shmoozer

Reaction score
Pretty well sums it up. You’ll notice more of a difference if/when you add more fuel and air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmoozer

Reaction score
That’s 205/100’s not a 155/30. The more fuel you throw at it the more of a difference you’re going to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ViperACR

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I guess that I just wasted a few thousand bucks. This build is not going to be a big HP, that will be my next build already in the works. But my real question is would a new tune be needed for these newest upgrades mentioned earlier. I almost think I am getting less smoke/haze than before the FICM tune. I thought it might get a little more fuel with the FICM tune.

sootie

Reaction score
Gear head tunes have never played well with that big of a ficm tune. Or really any ficm tune for that matter.

Either get tunes to match your ficm tuning or loose the ficm tuning altogether.

Not gonna see major HP difference with exhaust manifolds and ported intake manifold. Slightly lower EGR and better spool.