OBD port no connection

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Ok this one is for the wire gurus. I’ve purchased an OBD2 Bluetooth connector Lelink for iOS iPad/iPhone. I’ve downloaded 3 apps,engine link,OBD fusion,OBD evolution. All of the apps connects to device but not the pcm. It does fine on my 96 Chevy s10. I’ve taken the connector loose from under the dash and I have 7 pin outs. I have 3,4,5,7,10,13,16. According to what I’ve found researching I should have pin #2 tan/orange. Hanging down from the harness at the connector it appears a light blue/ yellow wire has come off or pulled out. This is for scp bus+. Anyone have any ideas?

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Nope got power at 16 and continuity at 4&5. No fuse blown. Correction to my first post: I’m missing pin #6 which is can bus + high. According to some info I’ve gathered Ford uses pulse width modulation which is pins 2&10 where gym uses variable pulse width. In that case according to some #6 is not necessary. However just my assumption is can is the way of communicating looks like it would be plumb necessary. The yellow/blue wire missing from the obd plug is also missing for another plug located just above it(a 4 wire plug that I have no idea what this used for) I’ll have to go out and grab a couple fuses which is not relevant to this and I’ll come back and see if I have voltage at the yellow/blue wire. I’m not sure if my truck needs to running for power to be there. The reason for me needing to read live data is I’ve installed hpop and injectors and need to know if all is good instead winding over and over for no reason resulting in burned up starter. This is on another thread called time to do injectors. Just posted this thread to obd2 info so I can read live data. This is is getting very frustrating cause this truck has been out Of comiision since before Christmas.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I plugged it up to a 96 F-150 and it will not communicate with pcm either. Either this lelink will not communicate with pulsewidth modulation which is fords way or the connector is not functioning right. GM uses variable modulation without low volt on #10.

Latest posts

Members online