Sct x3

sonic blue l

Reaction score
I bought a use sct X3, it's a non enhance so I came to find out that I can't custom tune it. Now I can run the canned tunes, but I did notice that it has some custom tunes on the device. " Extreme race ", "extreme street ", "street 2".

Now is there anyway for me to know if the strategy family is the same? Or let say they are not and I try to tune my truck will it brick the pcm? Or is the sct smart enough to not attempt to program a mismatched calibration?

Thanks for any info.

Reaction score
Custom tunes are written to a specific VIN, my understanding. Doubt it would load up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Reaction score
Pretty sure they can still tune for it, just depending on the tuning company.
I know gear head told me "older sct devices as well."

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
They are strategy specific, not Vin specific

I stand corrected. Always thought it would be VIN specific as you can load any strategy code to your truck, barring not being able to cross over the 05-07 (VXCF) codes and the 03-04 (VXA & VXB)?

I know ******** wrote my files for the VXCF4 as it worked best with that (just mileage mostly), as opposed to the VXCF9 I was running before.

I assumed as they ask for your VIN number when ordering files that that wouldve been some way to lock the file to the specific truck, bad assumption I guess.

So hypothetically if someone were to buy a used tuner off someone with them both having say a 05-07 truck and similar mods and the tuner was unlocked they could just load them up no problem?

Latest posts

Members online