Who ports 7.3 heads?

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
As the title asks, looking for recommendations for companies that port the 7.3 head.
I know swamps does them but I’m not looking to spend that kind of money if I don’t have to.
More of a “mild” port job, lightly un-shrouding the valve etc.
Truck is in Texas if there is anyone local to the DFW area.
Truck is getting a rebuild with some internal goodies, ceramic coated de-lipped pistons, rods, balance, cam and half fill.
And maybe a girdle if I can find one.

Last edited:

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Thanks Lincoln for the recommendation!
I’ll give them a call after Christmas

m_j

Reaction score
Swamps has two levels, one removes swirl in favour of flow.

big power guys are using someone from Crutchfield apparently, they never responded to my requests...

Bgdiesel

Reaction score
Swamps has two levels, one removes swirl in favour of flow.

big power guys are using someone from Crutchfield apparently, they never responded to my requests...

I am running swamps stage 2, they are a lot cheaper than what they use to be, and the Crutchfield guy is very busy but quoted me a rough estimate of $4,000 minimum and was in no rush in getting them turned around. We have some aluminum heads in the works Rt now should have my 1st set done in January hopefully!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
I am running swamps stage 2, they are a lot cheaper than what they use to be, and the Crutchfield guy is very busy but quoted me a rough estimate of $4,000 minimum and was in no rush in getting them turned around. We have some aluminum heads in the works Rt now should have my 1st set done in January hopefully!

That's awesome! I love those guys at Swamps! Johnny is the best!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

psmike

Reaction score

Your having some aluminum heads in the work ?? for the 7.3 ?

Bgdiesel

Reaction score
Yes sir we are getting are 1st set done now, you will see them on the race truck 1st for testing after the new year

Reaction score
Contact Eddie Ingram, at Performance Cylinder head and machine, he is located in Dunlap Tennessee, phone number is 423 554 5149... He is a big time NTPA porter that built the engine that set the Talledega track record that Bill Elliot drove. He is very reasonable and is considered to be the best in many guys who have pocket books in to $100k+ build range.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Not head porting related but any recommendations for who to make a one piece aluminum driveshaft?

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Just asked Dts about this, around 7 for a 5" aluminum one for my truck.
They are local to me, so no idea on shipping.

You still in Michigan?
I moved back to mi from Texas to finish my journeyman elec lic for a short while longer.
Last time I saw you I still had my rclb drw o6 lol
Pm me!

Latest posts

Members online