600 plus RWHP at Ele.

ViperACR

Reaction score
Looking for people that have 600 plus hp at high ele out of their 6.0. I live at 5k ele and am looking to build a motor that is street able without huge smoke unless getting into the bigger side of its hp. I have had other trucks that made big power but were to Smokey for my desire now at over 50 years old. I just bought an 05 that has 55k miles and is perfect, to build a street truck but not my daily driver. I have an 05 X that has 500 RWHP and would like to take this new truck to the next level but still be able to drive it without smoking everyone out when trying to take off from a stoplight in the summer heat. I need people with experience at ele as it makes a huge difference in building this kind of project. Thanks to all responses and references.

Zeb

Reaction score
600 hp is easy, but to make 600 clean hp isn’t necessarily cheap.
Stock bottom end, no issues, stock trans, with a good converter and good tuning, will last a long time if you don’t beat it all the time.
Here’s what I’d recommend:
DPC Heavy Duty triple disc converter,
Colt Stage 2 cam,
OEM lifters,
ARP 2000 headstuds,
Oringed heads,
ODawg intake manifold,
CSF 6013 intercooler,
190/30 or 205/30 injectors,
A good fuel system, (not FASS, Airdog, or anything Sinister),
Good tuning (I prefer Warren Diesel),
KC Stage 2 turbo, or 364.5/68/.83,
I prefer a non-vgt, but you very possibly will be happier with a vgt at elevation. That is a subject that can be debated quite heatedly!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I will say what zeb said works at about 1000-1500ft. I hadnt chimed in due to the elevation requirement. 190/30 and a kc stage 2 with some water/meth did 615 here in az. Whetther or not that would work where youre at is another question. That setup ran fairly clean as well.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.