Non Extended Drain Engine Oil

jimdawg185

Reaction score
In an effort to earn the business of some fleets that do not want to extend drains or do analysis (many do not even though there is tremendous value there) LE has released a CJ4 15-40 and 10-30 with the same backbone as 8800 and 8130 but without the packs needed for the very long extended drains. They still have monolec for the anti wear and the mag cal detergent package as well as high zinc and phos. Where does this leave you guys. Well, there are many on here that do not wish to extend drains for whatever reason, and now I have an oil that is fleet priced for normal OEM drain specs. And the price is half of the 8800 and 8130....

How does less than 70$ for a pail sound to your door?
How about 12.71 a gallon in a drum delivered?

I do not see this as an oil for the high horse power trucks, as the extra soot from lots of fuel is basically the same effect on oil as extending the drain interval. But, for you guys that want a better performing oil than the majors, at a great price, this is perfect.

text me for more info

616-460-9949

Thanks!
JK

taterthedog

Reaction score
What would you classify as an extended drain interval? Just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimdawg185

Reaction score
What would you classify as an extended drain interval? Just wondering.

Anything over OEM application spec. Honestly, you probably can go farther on this oil with analysis, but if you're going to do that, you should just go with the oil that's designed to do that if you're going to spend the time and effort.

You always want to change good oil, you don't want to squeeze the leg out of it before you drain it.

taterthedog

Reaction score
I'm currently running Valveline 5w40 full synthetic. I run it year round and change it usually in the winter and in the summer. It's usually around 5000 km. Just changed it last night and realized it was 12000 km since I changed it in July. Way longer than I am really comfortable running it with the idling and such in the winter.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I guess an example might be helpful.

I have a fleet that is killing Delo at 10k intervals. This oil through analysis is going to 15k and looking much better than the Delo, the 8800 went 30k and looked just as good. So If I went three times the Delo with 8800 and half that with the 8700 (15-40 new oil) then It is basically giving my customer a buffer zone to change the oil safely that they don't have with Delo. It was 10 k and any farther wear was brutal. They pay less for the Delo but this gives them that buffer as the trucks can't always come in on time for the PM. But they don't have to shuck out 23 $ a gallon for 8800 and push the trucks out to 30 and confuse the drivers.

But in the end, only analysis will tell you exactly what you are asking. Thats why Im saying if you want a good oil to stick with OEM PMs, this is a great choice!

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I'm currently running Valveline 5w40 full synthetic. I run it year round and change it usually in the winter and in the summer. It's usually around 5000 km. Just changed it last night and realized it was 12000 km since I changed it in July. Way longer than I am really comfortable running it with the idling and such in the winter.

Doing that once on accident probably won't kill your engine. Its doing it over and over again that hurts you in the long run. That oil does not have the proper package to go that long, and as you stated the fuel dilution is wreaking havoc on the film strength. It is also killing the PH.

taterthedog

Reaction score
Didn't realize the mileage was that high. Drove out on vacation twice. At least most of the mileage was highway. I only bought enough oil to change it this time, with the intention of running your stuff next. You have a 5w40 you recommend? 08 6.4 ******d and tuned. Must work for cold weather, -40 and such.

Kirk250

Reaction score
Didn't realize the mileage was that high. Drove out on vacation twice. At least most of the mileage was highway. I only bought enough oil to change it this time, with the intention of running your stuff next. You have a 5w40 you recommend? 08 6.4 ******d and tuned. Must work for cold weather, -40 and such.

The 8854 would probably work for you its a 5-40. It's a great oil to run in a 6.4 motor.

PDT1081

Reaction score
In an effort to earn the business of some fleets that do not want to extend drains or do analysis (many do not even though there is tremendous value there) LE has released a CJ4 15-40 and 10-30 with the same backbone as 8800 and 8130 but without the packs needed for the very long extended drains. They still have monolec for the anti wear and the mag cal detergent package as well as high zinc and phos. Where does this leave you guys. Well, there are many on here that do not wish to extend drains for whatever reason, and now I have an oil that is fleet priced for normal OEM drain specs. And the price is half of the 8800 and 8130....

How does less than 70$ for a pail sound to your door?
How about 12.71 a gallon in a drum delivered?

I do not see this as an oil for the high horse power trucks, as the extra soot from lots of fuel is basically the same effect on oil as extending the drain interval. But, for you guys that want a better performing oil than the majors, at a great price, this is perfect.

text me for more info

616-460-9949

Thanks!
JK

With stock exhaust parts, fuel dilution is our enemy, correct? If so, it seems this oil would be a better investment compared to the extended drain interval oils?

I'll shoot you a text sometime this week to place an order as I'm due for a change, but thought I'd ask this question for everyone to see.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
With stock exhaust parts, fuel dilution is our enemy, correct? If so, it seems this oil would be a better investment compared to the extended drain interval oils?

I'll shoot you a text sometime this week to place an order as I'm due for a change, but thought I'd ask this question for everyone to see.

I agree, that's basically the idea. And because it's the same base oil and still has Monolec you get the same great wear protection as 8800 and 8854

jimdawg185

Reaction score
This oil has the same backbone as 8800, and still has Monolec. So it still has the high film strength as the 8800 but just not the absurdly expensive anti oxidation package and soot package for the 1200 hour or 100k mile drains that 8800 has.

Latest posts

Members online