2011 will not crank

Bluwaterbrew84

Reaction score
Hey Guys. Here is the deal. I was out of state for a couple of months for health issues. My truck sat at home in my driveway. I stupidly left my phone charger plugged up. When I finally make it back home to crank it, it fired right up and shuts off after maybe 2 seconds. I tried to restart it and the battery got weaker and after maybe 5 attempts it was dead. I charged both batteries for 24 hours. Tried to start the truck again. Sounded like it turned over strong but would not fire. Batteries again went dead. Took batteries to the service station to get a better charge. Truck again turns over strong but will not fire. My uncle came over and load tested the batteries. They looked fine. I tried cycling the key to prime the system. No dice.

Truck is a 2011 Powerstroke. Completely stock. 101k miles. It is time for the filters to be changed but would that cause it to not start? Any ideas?

Bluwaterbrew84

Reaction score
Just changed the fuel filters because they needed it anyway.* Still no dice. Also after trying to crank a hand full of times and doing the ke on key off thing a couple of times I noticed the dash lights dimming the last time i tried to crank. Could it be a battery issue after all?

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
repeatedly cranking it to death is proving nothing. Put good batteries in it regardless.

Can you hear the fuel pump on the frame rail come on when you cycle the key? If you just changed the fuel filters you should hear some gurgling under the hood when you turn the ignition on as it will fill the new filters.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If pump is running the you need to cycle the key on and let it time out then cycle it back on untill it time out again and do that 10 or 12 times the try to start the truck.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online