2014 engine tick

97cherokee

Reaction score
so I just bought a 2014 with 200k on it. didnt notice the tick when I was originally looking at it, but today which is 2 days later i was in a drive through and noticed an occasional tick that comes and goes at no interval. got back home and listened from under neath and it is more present from the oil pan area. i read a ford tsb that said this is normal after an oil change... not sure if the oil was changed before I bought it, kind of doubt it because it has a Baldwin filter and I bought it at a ford dealer.

guess my question is is it normal for these engine to just have this tick regardless of how far into the oil change??? any specific oil that has helped too alleviate this?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
so I just bought a 2014 with 200k on it. didnt notice the tick when I was originally looking at it, but today which is 2 days later i was in a drive through and noticed an occasional tick that comes and goes at no interval. got back home and listened from under neath and it is more present from the oil pan area. i read a ford tsb that said this is normal after an oil change... not sure if the oil was changed before I bought it, kind of doubt it because it has a Baldwin filter and I bought it at a ford dealer.

guess my question is is it normal for these engine to just have this tick regardless of how far into the oil change??? any specific oil that has helped too alleviate this?
Does it sound kinda like a typewriter? If so, it is normal. Have had plenty of complaints about it. Doesnt seem to really matter what oil is used some do it, some don't, others decide to do it when they want to...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

97cherokee

Reaction score
yep sure does at a random. I figured that's what it was, just kind of nervous about the new trucks even though the 6.7 has a good reputation. I'm used to my ole 7.3

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.