what tunes too run???

97cherokee

Reaction score
hey guys, sure yall have seen a few of my recent posts since I got my 6.7. anyhow the truck is currently ***/def ******d with the egr cooler still in place. however I believe the egr is disabled. anyhow I'm looking too get a good tuner for the truck, not really looking for a whole lot of extra power, just something reliable with a tow tune maybe, gauge read out. I know recently it's gotten harder too get tunes for a ******d truck... any recomendations????

thanks!!!

Swaan

Reaction score
If it's already all D leted then you already have a tune in there or it wouldn't run. What are you running now??

97cherokee

Reaction score
no idea what's on it. I dont have any switches or anything like that. maybe just a tune that was uploaded too the ecm/pcm? I know it is tuned too a certain extent since its ******d. I dont believe it's a tune that in creases HP though, definitely not a smokey tune.

I'm wanting too run a tuner that has a gauge readout.

Swaan

Reaction score
Ok. Well if it was up to me , I really like the ******* Ngauge.
You can use it for guages and tuning on the fly. I'm just not sure you does tunes fir them now. Maybe someone else can chime in with insite for you...

97cherokee

Reaction score
so I wound up finding a new old stock hs minimaxx race tuner. bought it and have had a few issues, initially it wouldn't turn on, unplugged it and plugged in the next day and it turned on, then the buttons didnt work, unplugged and plugged back in and it worked fine. I've got the tunes downloaded too my truck and today is the first day I've driven it.

I'm already contemplating uninstalling it and returning it, but if I did that would it default too stock ford programming? or wouldn't default too the previous tune that was in it? it had some sort of tune for the ****** but I have no idea what. I just know all them emissions is gone, egr unplugged and no cel.

Swaan

Reaction score
It would put the previous tune back in the ecm

Deppending on your year of truck if I remember those Hs minimaxxs only worked with the early model 6.7s.

97cherokee

Reaction score
yeah it's a 2014, so I'd be safe too uninstall it and see what it does?

I'm just a little leery of it with already having issues.

sootie

Reaction score
H&S worked up to 2014. There were some imitation/hacked units that went newer.

And if the truck was tuned by H&S, and you return to stock, it will load a generic stock flash. Your previous tune is gooone.

What year is the truck?

97cherokee

Reaction score
it's a 2014 and the only tunes it has from h and s isbthe minimaxx, so I'm guessing that put my old tunes out completely??? if so I guess I'm stuck with the minimaxx then... unless yall have another suggestion for a truck on a diet....

97cherokee

Reaction score
well I dont knownwhat other tunes I can get for a truck that's on a diet. seems that the ez lynk is a popular one but with tunes it's around 1300 from what I've seen

that's why I'm looking for suggestions as too what too go with! thanks!

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Tuning any newer truck is not cheap. Finding an old sct or ngague and going with a tuner that uses that platform might be a little cheaper.

97cherokee

Reaction score
yeah that's what I'm seeing, but trying too find someone too write the tunes is where I need a recommendation. I dont know who is still in the game for it and I'm still new too the 6m7 world. only had it 3 weeks.

thanks! also I dont mind spending the money for good tunes.

97cherokee

Reaction score
so I spokentoo the company that aoldmmenthe h&s and informed them that the truck k had a prior diet tune in it... they said that the minimaxx will only overwrite factory programming and not aftermarket programming... they also say that my issue, which I would believe but the minimaxx didnt even want to power up initially and then the buttons wouldn't work... doubt the tune would affect that part of it.

any one have any input on that???

sootie

Reaction score
so I spokentoo the company that aoldmmenthe h&s and informed them that the truck k had a prior diet tune in it... they said that the minimaxx will only overwrite factory programming and not aftermarket programming... they also say that my issue, which I would believe but the minimaxx didnt even want to power up initially and then the buttons wouldn't work... doubt the tune would affect that part of it.

any one have any input on that???

theyre feeding you a line...

97cherokee

Reaction score
yep I uninstalled it hopi g that was the case... welp it was looking for *** and crap so I had too reinstall it. guess I'll save some money for a better one.

Latest posts

Members online