new truck

97cherokee

Reaction score
hey all I just bought a 2014 lariat with the 6.7. try k has just over 200k and is in immaculate condition. it is also ******d. not sure if the gr is turned off, blocked or removed as I dont know its location and am curious as too where it is located. if it is still on the truck I'd like too get rid of it and the egr valve.

also I'm not sure what tunes or program is on the truck. any way too find out? bought it from a dealer and they didnt know.

also what kind of oil do yall run in them??? I've been running mobil 10w30 diesel in my 7.3 and it's been great. I've also read 7500 for intervals on this 6.7... is this realistic??? asides from the cp4 issues anything I need too know about??? I plan too have this truck a long time! thanks!!!

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Egr is on the left side of the motor if your standing infront of the truck lookingbat the engine. There is no real way to know who what when and where on tunes. Especially if you dont have the tuning device. Oil is preference. I run the motorcraft stuff. My 05 had 350k so it apparently works and is cost effective and easily obtained. Id change the fuel filters and do it regularly. Might also check the water separator... all easily figured out with a simple youtube or google search. The egr is also a good youtube/google search for info

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

97cherokee

Reaction score
also I believe my truck has motorcraft gold coolant in it... I believe the truck is supposed too have the orange coolant??? if so what issues am I looking at with it having the wrong coolant?

DcMoore

Reaction score
You are correct, should be orange coolant. I'm not sure what issues, if any, will come from running the gold coolant but I wouldn't do it for long.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
also I believe my truck has motorcraft gold coolant in it... I believe the truck is supposed too have the orange coolant??? if so what issues am I looking at with it having the wrong coolant?
Is it a Canadian truck? If I remember right, sime Canadian trucks ran a new gold, that we now run in the 18+ trucks

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online