Body mounts

Jomax

Reaction score
Every thread about using poly mounts, ends up with the OP disappearing without an answer on how they work.

My 7.3 needs body mounts. At least the front two under the cab. From the price stand point, day star Kevlar infused mounts are way cheaper then OEM.

Are the OEM mounts that much better costing about 100bucks for one mount?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

florida 6.0

Reaction score
I put the Daystar poly mounts on mine a few months back . The rides firmer and it took a few 100 miles before they stopped squeeking . I'd definitely recommend them if your on a budget .

Jomax

Reaction score
I put the Daystar poly mounts on mine a few months back . The rides firmer and it took a few 100 miles before they stopped squeeking . I'd definitely recommend them if your on a budget .

You really feel a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score
I have heard that about Poly's on the OBS trucks too. Ride is firmer. I've also been reading that after a few years the guys that went with Poly's are going back to factory rubber as the poly mounts are breaking down badly.

I don't have 1st hand experience with them, but have had a set of Poly's in the garage for the past couple of years to install on the OBS.

florida 6.0

Reaction score
I know my factory ones were so bad one was completely missing , I was willing to try the poly based on that and the price difference ( and my buddy had a set in stock ). Yes I noticed an immediate difference but it was for the better . I think the truck feels more stable over railroad tracks and on bad roads than it did before .

florida 6.0

Reaction score
Update on the poly cab mounts . It finally got cooler here (40's and 60's ). These things are noisy as hell ! Every turn , pop , snap . Sounds like the freaking floorboard is busting apart at the seams .

capt dong

Reaction score
just put some in on my 08. rides firmer. pops up driveways. gonna go back thru and see if any need more tightening.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Coat them with synthetic grease before install....they'll stay quiet the. Or at least quieter.

capt dong

Reaction score
The cab mounts on my 450 are going and heard to much bad about how loud the polly mounts are so I just went with OEM. Was 250 for all of them.

How did you spend 250 for all of them? They avg 40 a piece with a good discount and typically require top and bottom on all 6 which come out to 12 pieces?

Lipka101

Reaction score
How did you spend 250 for all of them? They avg 40 a piece with a good discount and typically require top and bottom on all 6 which come out to 12 pieces?
Whs. I have like 180 into just two of them and there's eight on my truck. Hook me up man. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online