obs downpipe

obspsd

Reaction score
Does anybody have a obs downpipe that is bigger than 3 inch that they wanna sell or know anybody that could make one

DZL JIM

Reaction score
FWIW 500+ hp through a 3" dp has been done for years.

Anything larger than 3" will be full custom requiring a lot of custom work to the firewall. If you have the skills to mod your firewall that much, then you can make your own dp.

obspsd

Reaction score
I got ahold of Jake at irate and i think I'm gonna try his 3 inch dp. I'm sure it will flow a lot better than my $hitty home made dp

fatsix

Reaction score
I got ahold of Jake at irate and i think I'm gonna try his 3 inch dp. I'm sure it will flow a lot better than my $hitty home made dp

Yeah, I can see that being the restriction. Optimum taper is 7 degrees for a transition in pipe size with 4 to 12 degrees acceptable. I think you had 45* on the top right at the outlet ? I will be cutting my firewall.

I believe your exhaust wheel is 92mm? Which is a 3.62" wheel which tapers out to a 5" hole covered by a 3" pipe. Commonly used calculation for optimal downpipe sizing is exhaust wheel size x 1.25. For you that would be 115mm or 4.52". Just saying...

3.5" is good to 750 hp.

Last edited:

old man dave

Reaction score
Ricer shop in my area would do a 4" downpipe and ovaling it down to about 3.5" for clearance in an OBS for around $400 or so but has to have the truck for a week.

obspsd

Reaction score
Yea there's a rice shop in my area that's pretty good too I just wasn't really trying to pay 400-500 for a dp unless i have to

obspsd

Reaction score
Unfortunately i know this, that's why i said unless i have to

baderic03

Reaction score
My s475 with jakes down pipe. and you deff need to massage the firewall

2cf1ed62.jpg

3e24513a.jpg

1863f5f4.jpg

97powerstroke

Reaction score
Hypermax has a good downpipe with there mount kit. I didn't have to massage anything it fit right in. Looks pretty similar to jakes.

baderic03

Reaction score
The amount of firewall massaging to get a 3.5in down pipe on a obs with a s475 charger is retarded not worth it

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
How much massaging is needed to get a regular 3" down pipe in there for a stock turbo?

Depends on the truck, mine needed massive amounts of swearing & beating to fit. Makes me wish I never took the hood stack off every time it rubs. Also get pissed off every time I install a 4" DP into a SD in about a minute with no modifications to the firewall/down pipe. :mad:

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I just got the engine out of my '96, after seeing the stock down pipe it will be going back together with a 3" dp. I just don't know exactly how much to "massage" the firewall without the engine in for reference. Anyone have any pics that might give me some ideas?

baderic03

Reaction score
I can get a 3in diamond eye down pipe into a obs from pulling old to new in in about a hr. key is a good pry bar

Latest posts

Members online