99 7.3 ICP to high

Injected79

Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't posted on here in a long time, but I have a 7.3 tossing me for a loop.

99 f450 6 speed

Codes
P1211 pretty constant
P1209 intermitten

KOEO
Icp 0-10 psi
Icp voltage .22-.25v
Ipr duty 14ish %

When truck starts up, icp will initially be around 700 psi, with in say 10 seconds icp climbs to 2600ish psi, in the mean time, IPR duty drops to 4%, icp voltage if I recall correctly mid 3v to low 4v.

Customer was battling a no start issue to start this process, AFTER he tossed some parts on it prior to contacting me, I went and diagnosed an IDM issue, replaced IDM, truck starts but has this icp issue, and runs rough below 2500-3k rpm, smokes, injector knock.

I Replaced icp sensor, original had some oil in sensor, customer had replaced ipr with a cheap internet special ipr, I reinstalled oem ipr, same issue no change. Pulled sending unit, checked strainer filters, cleaned reinstalled.

Buzz test passes and sounds good,
Fuel pressure 55-70 psi
Oil black but full
Swapped ecm, same icp/ ipr issues

Any ideas :shrug:

Gnathv

Reaction score
Have you unplugged icp to see if it changes, may be icp pigtail if oil was in icp.

Injected79

Reaction score
With ICP unplugged there is a change but it's still not right by any means also when I'm plugged the Ipr duty cycke back to 14% if I remember correctly ,and yes does not drop below 2600 PSI if it's been running for more than a few seconds.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Has the customer used any sealant for anything? Have you checked the edge filter in the HPOP? Does he have big oil?

Addicted4

Reaction score
Try unplugging the opt with it running. I wonder if the hpop could fail in the wide open position or if it’s electrical like stated above.

Injected79

Reaction score
I never ran into the edge filter before, but I do believe you guys are correct. I finally pulled it back into the shop last night, and just bc of my curiosity I unplugged the IPR with it running, to my surprise it had no change and continued to idle roughly even when unplugged.

From what I have read The Edge filter is not serviceable is that correct?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
If you take out the plug there’s a pretty good chance that the threads will be damaged and will leak if you reinstall it.

Addicted4

Reaction score
Send it off to terminator and have it turned into a t500, or replace with a adrenaline. Factory pump would suffice but I would go with the aftermarket. Wonder if it’s possible to send debris into the injectors would be my next concern.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.