Is this turbo pedestal safe to use?

TexasJ

Reaction score
Hi guys, I ordered the ebpv ****** pedestal from a place a few months ago and just got around to doing the job. I got the turbo pulled last night and just went to swap the pedestal this morning, and upon unboxing the new pedestal I noticed that 2 of the 4 mounting holes for the bolts that mount the turbo to the pedestal are WAY off to one side. I'm worried that if I install this thing, the pedestal is going to crack and break when I start driving. Am I worried about nothing? Do you think this pedestal is safe to use? Or is this pedestal defective and I need to send it back and get a replacement?

Attachments

• 20211204_103309.jpg
    20211204_103309.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
  • 20211204_103044.jpg
    20211204_103044.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 126

ghohouston

Reaction score
It probably will be fine, but DANG those holes are close to the side. Those bolts aren't under alot of torque, nor is the pedestal.

TexasJ

Reaction score
Oh good grief you're right! I didn't even notice that. I went and looked at some others online and they're all flat like mine is too.

TexasJ

Reaction score
I'm more worried about the vibrations from the engine and bumps in the road and stuff though. Do you think that's cause for concern or am I overthinking this?

TexasJ

Reaction score
Relief cuts for o rings

Ok so I took a closer look at the old pedestal as well as the underside of the turbo when I got home. The relief cuts for the O rings ARE in fact on the turbo side, NOT the pedestal side. *whew*. The ring you see in the earlier pics of the old pedestal is actually just the clean steel where the O ring touched, and then where the grime starts beyond that. I felt it and it is actually all flush. Just an optical illusion. In the pictures I'm including here yoi u can a little better what I'm talking about. 2 angles of the pedestal, and one of the underside of the turbo with the O rings still in the relief cuts.

Attachments

• 20211204_183328.jpg
    20211204_183328.jpg
    816.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 20211204_183331.jpg
    20211204_183331.jpg
    762.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 20211204_183340.jpg
    20211204_183340.jpg
    589.3 KB · Views: 84

TexasJ

Reaction score
I got it as a kit (included the non ebpv tube that connects turbo to downpipe) from full force diesel. I left a voicemail yesterday and emailed them too but they're out of the office for the weekend. I just hope I can get a replacement to me this week, because I have GOT to get this truck back on the road.

JohnT24

Reaction score
I got it as a kit (included the non ebpv tube that connects turbo to downpipe) from full force diesel. I left a voicemail yesterday and emailed them too but they're out of the office for the weekend. I just hope I can get a replacement to me this week, because I have GOT to get this truck back on the road.

Any update on this?

I have the same exact one from Full Force .... but I'm nowhere near installation...

would love to see the picture of the replacement and any comments they had to say...

thanks

TexasJ

Reaction score
Hey John, sorry I just saw this. But yeah my replacement pedestal from them had issues as well. The bolt holes from pedestal to turbo were fine, but the ones from turbo to engine were so off center the bolts wouldn't even thread in. I had to drill out the holes more to get the bolts to line up. When I finally got it installed the thing leaked oil like a geyser between pedestal and engine. I ordered a KC turbo brand pedestal from Jelibuilt performance this week and got it installed wednesday, it weeps just ever so slightly but it's so miniscule it hasn't even reached the valley. Most of the initial leak was residual from when I reinstalled the turbo, so I cleaned it a few times and have been monitoring it. It seems to have slowed down to almost nothing at this point. Since this one seems to be working I got a hold of FFD and am sending the 2nd pedestal I got from them back for a refund.

Last edited:

JohnT24

Reaction score
Hey John, sorry I just saw this. But yeah my replacement pedestal from them had issues as well. The bolt holes from pedestal to turbo were fine, but the ones from turbo to engine were so off center the bolts wouldn't even thread in. I had to drill out the holes more to get the bolts to line up. When I finally got it installed the thing leaked oil like a geyser between pedestal and engine. I ordered a KC turbo brand pedestal from Jelibuilt performance this week and got it installed wednesday, it weeps just ever so slightly but it's so miniscule it hasn't even reached the valley. Most of the initial leak was residual from when I reinstalled the turbo, so I cleaned it a few times and have been monitoring it. It seems to have slowed down to almost nothing at this point. Since this one seems to be working I got a hold of FFD and am sending the 2nd pedestal I got from them back for a refund.

Yikes.
I need to check mine for engine fitment.

Pedestal to turbo seems ok

Latest posts

Members online