Question about Forscan and Codes I have

Dans00powerstroke

Reaction score
Thanks for any help you can give me! Truck is a 2000 2wd 7.3, few days ago I had my OD light start to flash. After that my cruise control wouldn’t work, truck shifted fine everything else was normal. I finally got the Bluetooth module today to scan the truck. Here is where my question comes in! I am showing like 10 codes! I have no check engine light on at all, is it possible the scan is finding old codes that have been repaired? The truck runs great no bad running condition at all.

I did find a P0500 code for Vehicle speed sensor that should have been what caused my cruise and of light go flash correct?

Here are all the codes I am showing on, I am not sure how I could have all of these active faults and the truck running excellent?
P0500
P1395
P1396
P0380
P1141
P0381
P1748
P1536
P1464
P0230
P0231
P0220
P1212
P0340
P1211
P0541

Bugman

Reaction score
Clear the codes and then restart the truck and see what comes back.

The PCM will store the codes until they are cleared.

fastersteve

Reaction score
Also check your alternator output. Every time I've had a bunch of random codes the alt has gone tits up.

These trucks are very voltage sensitive.

Dans00powerstroke

Reaction score
Also check your alternator output. Every time I've had a bunch of random codes the alt has gone tits up.

These trucks are very voltage sensitive.

I will head to AZ have them test it!

I also cleared the codes, restarted and drove the truck and it they came right back. I just don’t understand how I could have all these active faults and no CEL and drivability issues?

dsberman94

Reaction score
That’s a heck of a list of codes. Everything from vas to both banks of glow plugs to ipr and fuel circuit. Hopefully it’s an easy fix like alternator. Does your check engine light actually work? It’s computer related for sure. Just don’t know how.

Last edited:

jschildm

Reaction score
If the SDs are the same as the OBS 7.3's, watch the CEL when you first turn the key on. It should flash as it does a self check (it doesn't stay on long), but that would allow you to make sure that the light does work.

Dans00powerstroke

Reaction score
If the SDs are the same as the OBS 7.3's, watch the CEL when you first turn the key on. It should flash as it does a self check (it doesn't stay on long), but that would allow you to make sure that the light does work.

Yes sir, I double checked it when I saw this long list of codes. First thing I did was shut it off and turn the key to the on position. The service engine light does light up on the dash then shut off.

Dans00powerstroke

Reaction score
That’s a heck of a list of codes. Everything from vas to both banks of glow plugs to ipr and fuel circuit. Hopefully it’s an easy fix like alternator. Does your check engine light actually work? It’s computer related for sure. Just don’t know how.

The Truck has a TS performance Chip, and has been decatted could this be throwing some of these codes?