Help!!! Braking pulls hard right

J-Rod1

Reaction score
I have a 2017 250 6.7 approximately 92,000 miles. I’ve owned the truck since it was new. Recently it’s starting to pull hard right when applying the brakes towing and empty. The truck is still under warranty but they can’t seemed find the cause for this. Both front calipers, lines, HCU, Draglink, caster bushings, steering damper, inner and outer tie rods have all been replaced. My truck has been in the Ford service center since November 1st. They’ve checked the alignment 3 times and even tried driving it with a factory new set of wheels and tires on it. Anyone have a clue what could cause this ?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I’ve had pads do this as well. First one kicked my ass royally. Does it try and rip the steering wheel out of your hand when it does it, or is it a gradual pull that you can correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Try swapping pads side to side as well. Do it one axle at a time so you know which one it is

J-Rod1

Reaction score
Well today the dealer service Dept. Told me new pads and rotors didn’t resolve the pulling issue. Now their looking into something with the steering. Will update as this nightmare continues.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'd go on a long road test and heavy brake and measure rotor Temps.

webb06

Reaction score
Well today the dealer service Dept. Told me new pads and rotors didn’t resolve the pulling issue. Now their looking into something with the steering. Will update as this nightmare continues.

Did they check the rear axle? Or just the front

co04cobra

Reaction score
I agree with CT. Usually I’ll go on a drive with varied amounts of braking then temp gun the rotors.

79jasper

Reaction score
Well, find what's worn. Don't do like a yuppy and just throw a steering stabilizer on before fixing the real cause.....

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

J-Rod1

Reaction score
Well so far the drag link, caster bushings, damper, steering gear, and inner and outer tie rods were replaced. Problem still exists. This problem was not present before the dealership started messing with this truck.

Latest posts

Members online