2x4 Ball joints

fastersteve

Reaction score
Sigh...

I find myself needing to replace sloppy ball joints AGAIN!

Has anyone found any replacements for 2 wheel drive trucks that are worth a $#i%?

I wish Dynatrac would make some for 2x4s but alas I'm SOL.

Not an option are:
Moog
Motorcraft
McQuay-Norris

I've done these enough that my ball joint press is worn out lol!

Addicted4

Reaction score
The biggest thing with ball joints is installing and torquing down in the correct sequence. Also greasing every 5-10k.

CJunkie

Reaction score
I had a 2x4 99 7.3 that I got moot ball joints for last year

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

tomlin

Reaction score
Moog is about the best option. I would avoid Dynatracs for one reason. Almost all of the aftermarket ball joints have a knurled side where it fits into the a-arm in your case and the knuckle in a 4x4. Our truck are old enough that these likely have been installed at some point, if they have, you cannot use Dynatracs. They don't tell you this at all in the instructions or sales footnote. The Dynatracs will fall into the hole without press fit after knurled joints have been installed. I made a $600 mistake on my 2000 F-350 4x4. Waited too long after getting the ball joints to install them and could not return them. I have them sitting a on a shelf collecting dust. So any of you guys looking to splurge on Dynatrac ball joints beware. The only fix is new knuckles for us Ford guys. Dodge guys get a knurled option from Dynatrac as the ball joint presses into the axle housing.

Latest posts

Members online