Torque values for 96 7.3 turbo/pedestal/exhaust flange

TexasJ

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone have the torque values for the bolts on the 1) turbo to pedestal, 2) pedestal to block, and 3) turbo to exhaust flange, respectively? I'm replacing my pedestal orings in the morning, and I'm going to be doing the full ebpv ****** (pedestal and the valve) while I'm in there. Never done this job before so I've done a ton of research and have all the parts and tools (afaik), but I can't find anything on the proper torque values for when I put it back together. All I've found so far is torque values for the 99-03. Are the obs powerstrokes the same torque value as the superduty? Or do the torque values not matter for the obs? I have some anti seize too, so do I just need to use that and then crank it down as tight as I can? Let me know. Thanks!

Reaction score
Per the 96 Service Manual:

1) Turbo to Pedestal: 18 lb-ft
2) Pedestal to Block: 18 lb-ft
3) Turbo to Exhaust Flange: 18 lb-ft

Cheers!

TexasJ

Reaction score
Thank you!!! Apparently they were all torqued down to about 2,000 ft lbs because after 2 half days and 3 additional trips to lowe's, I STILL have 2 bolts to pull before the turbo and pedestal will come out. I literally had to fabricate frankenwrench contraptions with welded on sockets and use my impact gun to break most of the bolts loose. I'm down to just the 2 rear pedestal bolts and they're proving to be just as much of a pita as the rest have been. Hopefully I'll get them tomorrow!!

Addicted4

Reaction score
Some type of pb blaster or whatever your flavor of liquid wrench does make a difference.

TexasJ

Reaction score
Oh believe me, I used copious ammounts of the PB Blaster. I finally got the thing pulled last night. Only took me 4 days. :doh:

Gnathv

Reaction score
For some reason I can’t get a picture of it to upload. Google top side creeper and look at the one Jegs sells. They’re great working on these trucks, especially the top of the engine. I bought one for my son, it’s in my garage, sometimes I let him use it lol

TexasJ

Reaction score
I just looked at the one from Jegs and HOLY **** I need one of these in my life

Latest posts

Members online