Moving from Nitto Terra 325/50R22 to Ridge 37x12.50R22

Jerrybizzle

Reaction score
I guess I'd just call it a very loose feeling in the back of the truck.

As it turns out, Discount Tire will !NOT! replace the tires. They say that the TG2 does not have enough weight rating for an F350. My statement that I'm not so stupid to overload my tires got nowhere and there is no other tire which fits a 22" wheel and is capable of the weight rating of an F350.

Whatever.

I did notice that when I checked the tires in Knoxville and found them to be inflated to 95psi, I dropped them to 70psi they seemed better.

So while sitting at Discount Tire I made them call Nitto and get a load chart for these tires.

Dropped them to 60psi and it's better. Went to the CAT scales (truck is a pig at 9800lbs w/ a full tank of fuel) and by the weight of the vehicle and the load chart I could drop them another 10 psi and still be safe.

Likely my mileage would suffer as well and it's already pretty horrible at 14.5mpg (corrected by 5% for the larger radius) running empty at highway speeds.

Makes no sense to me that dropping psi makes the tire perform better in the corners and sway, but it's hard to argue with what's happening.
But they had them at 95psi? That could have been part of the problem! Unless you meant 75. I figured they were 80 max.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
No. I made it to knoxville (after scaring the crap out of me on the I40 pass) and stopped to check them. The fronts were at 75psi and the rears were at 95psi. I dropped them all to 70psi and things got better. Once I'd seen a load chart, I dropped them to 60psi and they got mo' better. According to the load chart, I could drop them to 50psi and be right on the money - empty.

ckrueg

Reaction score
If your not loaded I would drop the rears down lower than the fronts. The weight distribution on theses trucks is like 60/40 or worse. I run my rears at 40

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Hopefully they stop walking on you soon. Mine never did it, and are great when loaded. I really like my ridge grapplers. This is going to sound backwards but I run 55psi up front and 62 in the rear unloaded. I did the same thing lower in the front and higher on the rear on my ATZ's when unloaded as well and got 50K out of them while also doing some pretty heavy towing and rotating every 5K. But the Ridge Grapplers are much more stable than the ATZ's ever were.

MrMike2010

Reaction score
I feel like every tire needs a few hundred miles before the break in. Between the Toyo mts, Mickey atz's and now these ridge grapplers, they became much more stable after some miles. I remember thinking what have I done when I first threw them on.

With that said. My favorite tire by far is the ridge grapplers. Nice aggressive look, way quieter then I expected. I say they are on the same noise level as my brothers toyo at2's. They are very stable on the highway and provide great traction on and off road. I have mine set at 52psi up front and 57 in the rears. That's the lowest I could go without setting the tpms light off. Overall, I'm impressed. Just hope I get 50k+ miles out of them

Latest posts

Members online