2016 u0074 code problems

Mtmccue12

Reaction score
I bought the truck new and at about 2,000 miles, i **cough cough** changed some items i deemed to be harmful to MY truck. I use a Sct x4 tuner from truckwurx.com. I now have almost 9,000 miles on the truck and it's run flawless until recently when I got a U0074 code. Which is "Control Module Communication Bus B Off"

After my research, ive concluded that it's most likely moisture that's gotten in to the open electrical connectors....such as the Nox control module.

Since then I've:

Cleaned and greased all electrical connectors
Removed nox control module
Checked the fuses

I keep clearing the code only for it to come back the next startup
I've also noticed that the glow plug light on the dash doesn't light up now

Does anybody have a solution or experienced the same problem?
Any help will be greatly appreciated

bfuller83

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem. I did all the same things and replaced 15amp fuse 35 or 36. It's labeled something like diesel power #4 in the manual. This on my 2013 so I am just assuming that your fuses are the same. Once I cleaned/greased and taped all connectors and replaced that fuse it has been working flawlessly since. That buss b powers your glow plug com module too. It seems like it took a key cycle or two for the glow plug light to start working normally again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bfuller83

Reaction score
Oh and disconnect those nox sensors boxes on the other side too. They are mounted on the inside of the frame on the passenger side(2 of them on my 2013). I left mine on the truck but then greased those connectors and taped them up too.

If you have a hard time finding them just follow the plug you took out of the nox sensor on the exhaust. It will lead you to some type of interface box that has another electrical connector on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mtmccue12

Reaction score
Hmm I'll have to look on the frame again... I was only aware of the one module. Maybe I'll change those fuses anyways...even though the don't appear to be blown. Thanks for your input...much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.