Suddenly spongy brakes

ruffneck7.3

Reaction score
My truck is an 01 f350, and normally my brake pedal is good and firm, brakes excellent for having 38's etc.. today while driving, I go to brake and it goes from that to a sponge, no warning or anything.. I pull over and can't see any leaks from the hoses, Mc is full as well as the power steering, I shut the truck off and I don't get a firm pedal at all, it is firm for a half a second then almost goes to the floor..

I'm at a loss for words how it can have that drastic of a change all of.a sudden with a full Mc... need some help here!

cpadolf3

Reaction score
My truck is an 01 f350, and normally my brake pedal is good and firm, brakes excellent for having 38's etc.. today while driving, I go to brake and it goes from that to a sponge, no warning or anything.. I pull over and can't see any leaks from the hoses, Mc is full as well as the power steering, I shut the truck off and I don't get a firm pedal at all, it is firm for a half a second then almost goes to the floor..

I'm at a loss for words how it can have that drastic of a change all of.a sudden with a full Mc... need some help here!
Bad hydroboost or calipers possibly? I got spongey brakes with no warning and couldn't find any leaks. Turns out the caliper seals were shot and all of my pressure was being lost through the rear calipers

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online