Transmission issues again!

300000 and counting

Reaction score
So I had my rudys transmission rebuilt by warren, it has all new clutch packs/ solenoids/ new pump/ everything but the hard parts/ TQ where replaced. I've been driving my truck since thanksgiving with the warren parts in it and it was all fine till this week. When I'm in park and go to drive it takes a few seconds before I start moving. Then today I backed up with the trailer on and then went to move forward and the truck wouldn't move, after about a minute of moving the sifter through the gears the truck finally moved, but was saking a little bit. I unhooked the trailer and drove about 10 miles and the truck is fine. Can anybody help me? I'm going to call warren Monday but I could use some help now.

I did change the fluid/ filter 3 weeks ago but I doubt that had anything to do with it.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Is it unusually cold there? Fluid level good?

Sounds like a pump/pressure/flow issue to me, but I'm not well versed in transmissions.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I would be suspicious of the filter not being seated in the bottom of the trans. Seems like it's loosing oil pressure. You should be getting codes for that long of a delay into gear

300000 and counting

Reaction score
:welcome:
I would be suspicious of the filter not being seated in the bottom of the trans. Seems like it's loosing oil pressure. You should be getting codes for that long of a delay into gear

No codes, but the filter did seem loose when I replaced it

300000 and counting

Reaction score
So I changed the filter and there was about half of the old o-ring up in there, so I pulled it out and put the new filter in but I’m still having the following issues. My first issue is when I park at work my truck is on a slope (ass end lower) when I start my truck and put it in drive the transmission only engages instantly about half the time, the other half it acts like it’s in neutral, and then a few seconds go by and you can hear what I assume is the pump kicking on and the truck starts moving and drives fine. Another issue is when I come to a stop (typically only after highway driving) and then go to take off again, my truck act likes it down shifts right before I take off, but the mini maxx already says I’m in 1st. Another issue is my truck idles/ pushes through the brakes after sitting at a stop for a few seconds. And the last problem is if I’m trying to boost launch or if I have the trailer on and loaded and I’m trying to pull out of anywhere the truck barely moves and won’t build RPM’s, I can put it to the floor and the truck just creeps along and all at once takes off like a rocket. The transmission doesn’t get hot at all, it has a precision RDP Triple Disk Torque Converter in it, but I’m not sure what stall it is. Also I’m running gear heads tuning, I don’t know if it’s a TQ issue, tuning issue, a tranny issue, or something else? I asked gear head and they said this after relooking at my tunes, “everything is standard on the converter lockup in that file. It is a 2000rpm stall and not one of the ultra low 1100 stalls, I really think the one way clutch in the stator is broken. We have killed 2 precision industries converters in the last 5 years. Symptoms were the same (couldn’t light the turbo off the line, and it would push through the brakes at idle).” Can you guys help me out any? I called Warrens last week but Andy wasn’t available, I’m going to call again tomorrow or Friday. But until then have you guys ever seen or heard of anything like this?

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Find out why it won't launch. That is the biggest problem, and may be causing all of the other problems. The first step is to remove all tuning and see if it still does it.

purplepstroke

Reaction score
I have had this issue before. Usually the rear drum for low reverse gets a scuffed seal or comes in contact with the spring assembly.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.