Question for guys with GH tuning

f100cleveland

Reaction score
I just got my GH tunes for my SM turbo and like how the veins open at idle. But even after its warmed up, it seems to open and close, open and close at an idle. Is this normal? I would've figured they opened and stayed open until the throttle was pushed.

Jomax

Reaction score
I just got my GH tunes for my SM turbo and like how the veins open at idle. But even after its warmed up, it seems to open and close, open and close at an idle. Is this normal? I would've figured they opened and stayed open until the throttle was pushed.

You need to get the tune that keeps them open. Just call Mike, he'll get you squared away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f100cleveland

Reaction score
Guys that have GH tunes that have both the veins open and closed at idle. With the tune with them open, is it just deader than dead off idle compared to the normal one?

Also, does your timing show 0-1* when idling and low throttle input? Just curious if it's me or just the way the tuning is? At least to 40-50% throttle, the engine is more dead and laggier than my ATS was.

brown1

Reaction score
You need to get the tune that keeps them open. Just call Mike, he'll get you squared away.

what is the advantage of open at idle? i also am new to the gh tunes. running the street tune when i'm slowing down i get a puf, puff , puff sound when i am almost to a complete stop. what is that?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
what is the advantage of open at idle? i also am new to the gh tunes. running the street tune when i'm slowing down i get a puf, puff , puff sound when i am almost to a complete stop. what is that?

thats just the turbo as you come to off idle .

Jomax

Reaction score

The turbo veins don't cycle at idle.

04cr450

Reaction score
mine do as well. my tuner was purchased less than a month ago from NL. not sure what specific tunes i have.

Yup not sure what the deal is but this updated tune I have is the 2nd revision. For the open vein option, it is open vein but not at all times... cold operation /first start up- closed veins, operating temp- put it in park from driving, closed veins then 5 seconds later open veins and open veins continue. I believe they were having the open vein tuning issue on the 15 and 16'S last I heard. But NL may have found the answer since

jwalk09

Reaction score
Yup not sure what the deal is but this updated tune I have is the 2nd revision. For the open vein option, it is open vein but not at all times... cold operation /first start up- closed veins, operating temp- put it in park from driving, closed veins then 5 seconds later open veins and open veins continue. I believe they were having the open vein tuning issue on the 15 and 16'S last I heard. But NL may have found the answer since

GH Open veins on my 15 and haven't had any probs

Latest posts

Members online