7.3 bank 1 high side open

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
I've been working on a bone stock 2000 7.3 with around 320k miles. It came in not running, driver side injectors are working and pumping oil. Passenger side does nothing, swapped out idm and no change. Picked up a good engine harness and both vc gaskets and harnesses and installed them. It started and ran great for a few min then developed a lope and smoothed back out. Shut it down after a few min and came back the next day. Started it up ran great for a few min then died.

Now it's back to only driver side bank working and passenger side nothing. I've changed cps with no improvement. Had code for ebp sensor fault. Unplugged ebp sensor and icp sensors no change. Ohmed wiring from 42 pin to idm and it's good. I've unplugged pass side injectors 1 or 2 at a time checking for shorted solenoid. It will buzz test all 8 injectors, then shows bank 1 high side open... It's getting over 100 volts to the vc gaskets on both sides.

Any ideas where to go next because I'm all out lol...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

heavydoc

Reaction score
Each vc harness has a separate ground. Does the passenger side have a good ground.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

heavydoc

Reaction score
Try ohming it from the idm swamps has a pretty good diagram for troubleshooting injector problems. Ill post it here in a bit if you don't find it.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Try ohming it from the idm swamps has a pretty good diagram for troubleshooting injector problems. Ill post it here in a bit if you don't find it.

Ok thanks.

Main thing throwing me for a loop is how it started and ran great for 10 min or so after replacing engine harness and vc gasket assemblies.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
heavydoc ftw!
Jake, it must be the wooden bead seat covers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
What brand of UVCH did you buy?
They are the Dorman brand from Napa. I have used them I the past with no issues. But anything is possible, I swapped sides with the uvch and the problem did NOT follow the uvch.

Jomax

Reaction score
Never liked Dorman, the Connections never felt good when locking them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arisley

Reaction score
I won't buy or use anything from Dorman. Been bit in the ass way to many times.

I would start by cleaning all ground connections. Don't just scrub them off, remove and clean all mating surfaces, on the strap, block, body, frame, everywhere, including the bolt threads. Reinstall straps and go from there.

Last edited:

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
I won't buy or use anything from Dorman. Been bit in the ass way to many times.

I would start by cleaning all ground connections. Don't just scrub them off, remove and clean all mating surfaces, on the strap, block, body, frame, everywhere, including the bolt threads. Reinstall straps and go from there.
Thanks I'll give it a try. He was driving it down the road when it happened. Just started losing power, limped it about a mile at about 5 mph to his house.

Latest posts

Members online