7.3 chip ideas

austinjenkins

Reaction score
i have an 01 f350 7.3 and im trying to decide witch chip or programmer to buy chip wise im thinking about a f5 DP chip or a ts 6 position chip. any ideas on witch one is best? or what would be better power wise?

White Buffalo

Reaction score
I would strongly consider the Hydra. It's a great platform. One of the biggest benefits is you are not financially commited to any one single tuner since the Hydra can by loaded with tunes from any tuner. This way you can have tunes from multiple tuners if you wish and not dedicated to a single tuner and their chip. Plus it's a whole lot easier for the tuner as well! They just send you the tunes via E-mail and you download them to the chip yourself. If u purchase the extra cable they offer you won't even need to remove the chip from the PCM.

Reaction score
I would strongly consider the Hydra. It's a great platform. One of the biggest benefits is you are not financially commited to any one single tuner since the Hydra can by loaded with tunes from any tuner. This way you can have tunes from multiple tuners if you wish and not dedicated to a single tuner and their chip. Plus it's a whole lot easier for the tuner as well! They just send you the tunes via E-mail and you download them to the chip yourself. If u purchase the extra cable they offer you won't even need to remove the chip from the PCM.
Yes, either Hydra or the Dp f6 V2, both are best options, with these you can try as many tunes from as many tuners as you want

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
i have an 01 f350 7.3 and im trying to decide witch chip or programmer to buy chip wise im thinking about a f5 DP chip or a ts 6 position chip. any ideas on witch one is best? or what would be better power wise?

If you have any questions about the F5, I would be happy to help you out. Our F6 is another good option to look into. Tunes via e-mail is nice and it is open source. We are currently running a sale on them too. Check it out HERE.

Pstrke96

Reaction score
Just put ts 6 pos in both my trucks and so far am pretty pleased however I do think gear head will get the nod soon to smooth out the trans shift points

Arisley

Reaction score
I also have a TS style chip.

Back in the day, it was the bomb.

If I was needing a chip now, I would go with either the Hydra or the F6. That getting the tunes emailed to you is a lot faster than mailing a chip and waiting.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Hydra... It is the best hardware on the market period.

No reason to go with anything else. NONE.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
The Hydra is the best hardware to date that I have had the pleasure to work with.
I do offer other platforms but they are no where as user friendly as the Hydra

Use coupon code psa10 on my site if you want one with free shipping and a free T-shirt.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
What makes it better than the F6?

Cost...

Versitility...

Ease of use, Built in no start and bypass...

Its just a better chip all around. If you have HID's and turn them on, your truck does not die..

Ugly azz controller, but other than that, agree.

You have mentioned that before, and I am assuming your talking about the Lips logo, which is long gone.

Reaction score
Cost...

Versitility...

Ease of use, Built in no start and bypass...

Its just a better chip all around. If you have HID's and turn them on, your truck does not die..

You have mentioned that before, and I am assuming your talking about the Lips logo, which is long gone.

Thanks, I was just curious. I'm still running a TS.

Latest posts

Members online