wheel and tire sizing

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
ok fellas, im not big on the excursion setups, so were looking for a little help.

our Harley excursion project is nearing completion, and were down to ordering the last few parts while were finishing everything else.

the truck has a 4" lift on it that were not looking to change. My questions is, will 22x12 -44 and 35s fit on this truck or is it going to be too tight? If has the 2011 front nose on it, so the bumper may give a little more clearance, but just not sure.

suggestions?

The Butcher

Reaction score
You're probably going to rub at the back of the front fenders. The thing that will help you is that the '03 has the wider turning radius, so you might not be able to get the tire too close to it. Are you running a 12.50 wide tire, or something wider? For reference, when I had a 6" with 37's it still rubbed a bit on the back of the fenders in the wheel well when running 20x10 with -25 offset. However, if you are willing to chop up the fenders at the bottom you can make them fit. My buddy ran 38x15.50 on a 6" lift with 20x10, but he had to hack up the fenders back there. Then again, if you've converted the front you might have more wheel well radius to work with. SO, not sure if any of my response has been remotely helpful! Post up some pics when you are done though. Would love to see it!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
You're probably going to rub at the back of the front fenders. The thing that will help you is that the '03 has the wider turning radius, so you might not be able to get the tire too close to it. Are you running a 12.50 wide tire, or something wider? For reference, when I had a 6" with 37's it still rubbed a bit on the back of the fenders in the wheel well when running 20x10 with -25 offset. However, if you are willing to chop up the fenders at the bottom you can make them fit. My buddy ran 38x15.50 on a 6" lift with 20x10, but he had to hack up the fenders back there. Then again, if you've converted the front you might have more wheel well radius to work with. SO, not sure if any of my response has been remotely helpful! Post up some pics when you are done though. Would love to see it!

Thanks, this does help, hopefully ordering wheels and tires next week, looks like I may have to go 20x12 rather than 22 as the wheel I want isn't available.

il post pictures when its done.

Latest posts

Members online